This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS for POV

I am trying to find a good GPS for use when responding POV. Does anyone have an suggestions on what brands/models are better suited for emergency resonse?

Originally posted by FF PRN View Post
    I am trying to find a good GPS for use when responding POV. Does anyone have an suggestions on what brands/models are better suited for emergency resonse?
    Get a Garmin
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

I second that. I have a Garmin nuvi works quite well. I just installed one in our first out truck. I have all the fire hydrants in our district saved in my personal one. and will do the same for the one in the firetruck. It is a different model than mine, newer and the screen is half again as big.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanpat29 View Post
        I second that. I have a Garmin nuvi works quite well. I just installed one in our first out truck. I have all the fire hydrants in our district saved in my personal one. and will do the same for the one in the firetruck. It is a different model than mine, newer and the screen is half again as big.
        What model do you use?

Comment

Garmin Nuvi model 1490 is the one in the fire truck nuvi 260w in personal truck

Comment

Thanks for the info! Have you found the emergency vehicle option useful at all?

Comment

i dont think we have that option

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 205 here. Just make sure you update it every now and then.
                Career Firefighter
                Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X