This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Rescue Release Packet

Over the years my volunteer department has not had a release program to ride the Heavy Rescue. Our new Heavy Rescue Rescue Squad is expected for delivery sometime this fall. I am wanting to start from the beginning and make sure everybody that rides it is proficient in everything. I am sort of starting from scratch though. I was wondering if anybody currently has a packet/program to release members on riding a Heavy Rescue Squad that they would be willing to share. I am just looking for something to have as a guideline that I can start with in order to create our own. If there is anybody that has one that they are willing to share, please let me know! Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

You can feel free to email me also at : [email protected]

Thanks for your assistance!

Are you requesting what type of certifications your firefighters should have in order to work on a rescue?

Comment

My son's department in MD requires that anyone that rides any apparatus be specifically checked out on that specific rig. Thus a FF may be qualified to ride the engine, but not the squad.

I see your challenge as two-fold.

First, anyone who rides the truck should know what's where and what it's used for. This is an absolute. Can't just ride the rig because it's big, new, and shiny. The test is describing what's in each cabinet, with the door closed...

Involving as many people as possible in setting up the truck (ie,loading equipment) will speed this process .

Second, anyone who rides the truck should be qualified to use all of the equipment on board. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you are introducing new equipment on this apparatus, there may be a lag between putting the truck in service and everyone who may ride having a chance to become qualified. At some point, the two will become one.

Congratulations, and good luck!
      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X