Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firemen and nooses...Why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by jam24u View Post
    Frankly, I am fed up with our campuses having to be so super sensitive over ever little issue and item. The colleges are teaching to adults. The on campus political correctness is ridiculous and everyone knows it.

    A hangmans noose is tied by someone in class. Lordy, lordy the sky is falling and terrible things will be the outcome.

    It isn't my class you do what you wish, but understand this, those who give in to this type of hysteria are doing no one and I mean no one any benefit by responding this way. Try and make sure you students are not so sensitive either to such experiences otherwise they are libel to end up on a 'whale wars' ship breaking the law instead of helping their cause. I guarantee you everyone aboard that ship have gone over the deep end and are taking the law into their own hands, but hey your honor, It's not my fault. I saw a hangmans noose tied in my class and it turned me into a criminal.
    Another one that can't read and comprehend a simple question.

    Thanks for adding not a single thing of worth or value to the topic.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
      It is the curiosity factor. It isn't just firemen but people in general, and after all, firemen are just people. There is nothing wrong with entertaining folks in the class with materiel not relevant to the class during breaks. Of course this does not include racial bias, ethnic jokes, jokes of a sexual nature, or other distasteful or highly inappropriate content.

      Remember, the hangman's noose was around long before the KKK and NAACP. BTW, Anyone every play Hangman? It can be a very useful learning tool or does the NAACP disapprove of that as well.
      Which clown school did you go to?

      Seriously, when is it the instructors job to "entertain" in a manner that would get the student fired or in trouble at their employment??

      You're just trolling now.
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

      "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

      "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jam24u View Post
        It isn't my class you do what you wish, but understand this, those who give in to this type of hysteria are doing no one and I mean no one any benefit by responding this way. Try and make sure you students are not so sensitive either to such experiences otherwise they are libel to end up on a 'whale wars' ship breaking the law instead of helping their cause. I guarantee you everyone aboard that ship have gone over the deep end and are taking the law into their own hands, but hey your honor, It's not my fault. I saw a hangmans noose tied in my class and it turned me into a criminal.
        Wow... from knots to whales.

        Adderall, my friend.... Adderall.
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

        "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

        "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
          It is the curiosity factor. It isn't just firemen but people in general, and after all, firemen are just people. There is nothing wrong with entertaining folks in the class with materiel not relevant to the class during breaks. Of course this does not include racial bias, ethnic jokes, jokes of a sexual nature, or other distasteful or highly inappropriate content.
          OHHHH I see now. You are one of those closet bigots. It's all fun and games till the wrong person hear you. Then you change tack and renounce your ways. You are a sad little man. If it is wrong in public it is just wrong.


          Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
          Remember, the hangman's noose was around long before the KKK and NAACP. BTW, Anyone every play Hangman? It can be a very useful learning tool or does the NAACP disapprove of that as well.
          Huh? What are you talking about? You think making a game out of racial bigotry is alright! You use a child's game to justify your repressed hatred of others? Are you off your meds again? Does your co-workers know of your bias? Your insensitivity to others feelings.

          How does it feel having you words twisted?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
            Which clown school did you go to?

            Seriously, when is it the instructors job to "entertain" in a manner that would get the student fired or in trouble at their employment??

            You're just trolling now.
            In many of the schools and classes I have attended the instructor will show neat or cool tricks during breaks that are not related to the class.

            Interestingly, much of what I have learned and am required to know is considered hacking. And just like the hangman's noose, it is how you use it that matters.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Acklan View Post
              OHHHH I see now. You are one of those closet bigots. It's all fun and games till the wrong person hear you. Then you change tack and renounce your ways. You are a sad little man. If it is wrong in public it is just wrong.




              Huh? What are you talking about? You think making a game out of racial bigotry is alright! You use a child's game to justify your repressed hatred of others? Are you off your meds again? Does your co-workers know of your bias? Your insensitivity to others feelings.

              How does it feel having you words twisted?
              I have no idea what you are trying to say. But how can you argue that The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People; by its very title, is not racist.

              My question is how can the hangman's noose be bad whole the game of a hangman is good.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                I have no idea what you are trying to say. But how can you argue that The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People; by its very title, is not racist.

                My question is how can the hangman's noose be bad whole the game of a hangman is good.
                Unless your skin is transparent.. we are all persons of "color"... some are more colorful than others.

                Comparing a device used to execute people and child's spelling game proves how much of an ignorant fool you really are.
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                  I have no idea what you are trying to say. But how can you argue that The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People; by its very title, is not racist.
                  I am trying to say, and most here I believe understand, you have condoned this activity with a weak disclaimer.
                  I though you were educated. The NAACP's founding members included 3 white people. The fact there represent a particular group does not make them racist. They address the needs of a particular group and speak on their behalf. If you cannot draw the distinction between racist and activist you wasted the government's money on two degrees.

                  Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                  My question is how can the hangman's noose be bad whole the game of a hangman is good.
                  I know what you meant. My point is, missed on that vacant space between your ears, you interject subject that has no place here.

                  How is the refund on that education you wasted going?
                  Last edited by Acklan; 07-18-2010, 08:25 PM. Reason: Close html code

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                    Unless your skin is transparent.. we are all persons of "color"... some are more colorful than others.

                    Comparing a device used to execute people and child's spelling game proves how much of an ignorant fool you really are.
                    Actually, shortly after the Toba Volcano erupted mankind was nearly eliminated do to a very cool earth. It is believed that there were only about 2000 humans alive and they all lived in Africa as it was the only place warm enough. Hence, we are all of African Decent.

                    The child's spelling game represents the hanging of a person. Isn't that what the objection to the noose is all about? It represents the hanging of people.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                      Actually, shortly after the Toba Volcano erupted mankind was nearly eliminated do to a very cool earth.
                      Back to Wikipedia again? Whle you are there, look up grammar and syntax, for God's sake....

                      It is believed that there were only about 2000 humans alive and they all lived in Africa as it was the only place warm enough. Hence, we are all of African Decent.
                      Unfortunately.. your mutant strain lived...

                      The child's spelling game represents the hanging of a person. Isn't that what the objection to the noose is all about? It represents the hanging of people.
                      It represents guessing the word based on a clue and the letters that make up the word. There's a significant difference, or are you too dense to realize the point?
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                        Back to Wikipedia again? Whle you are there, look up grammar and syntax, for God's sake....
                        Just walk away from the troll, Gonz. It isn't worth feeding...
                        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                        sigpic
                        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

                        Comment


                        • Okay folks, just look at the idiocy of ScareCrow's posts. Even he can't posibly be this much of a moron. He is baiting all of us now. Just stop answering him. Look at the stretch he has made all the way from it's a harmless knot, to his racist comments about the NAACP, to my job as an instructor is to violate school policy and teach a non-fire related knot simply to entertain, to the childhood spelling game hangman. Either it is a masterful plot simply to enflame or we must believe he really is that stupid. Either way it is time to stop feeding him.
                          Crazy, but that's how it goes
                          Millions of people living as foes
                          Maybe it's not too late
                          To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                            Back to Wikipedia again? Whle you are there, look up grammar and syntax, for God's sake....
                            Nope, it is just common knowledge.

                            Unfortunately.. your mutant strain lived...



                            It represents guessing the word based on a clue and the letters that make up the word. There's a significant difference, or are you too dense to realize the point?
                            The difference is the PC crowd twisted the meaning of a lynch mob and the noose into being something racist when in reality they are not.l

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                              Okay folks, just look at the idiocy of ScareCrow's posts. Even he can't posibly be this much of a moron. He is baiting all of us now. Just stop answering him. Look at the stretch he has made all the way from it's a harmless knot, to his racist comments about the NAACP, to my job as an instructor is to violate school policy and teach a non-fire related knot simply to entertain, to the childhood spelling game hangman. Either it is a masterful plot simply to enflame or we must believe he really is that stupid. Either way it is time to stop feeding him.
                              Sorry if I get disgusted with all of this PC BUllSquat.

                              The NAACP is without a doubt a racist organization. It is for the Advancement of Colored People, not white people. Their policies are based on the color of a persons skin, the very definition of racism.

                              This entire notion that a hangman's noose is racist is pure BULL.

                              Comment


                              • Thread Closed

                                This thread is off-topic and therefore being closed.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X