Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your new department should provide it. That stuff is super expensive and will run you $1200-$1400, so make your selections wisely. Make sure your components are compatable(Short coat and bibs, waist lenght and long coats etc.) And don't look for a good deal look for the best protection. Be safe in your dept.

Comment

First, if your not real sure about what kind to buy you need talk to somebody who does.
      Research some differnt types on the net.
      Secondly, find out what kind of gear the
      dept. your going to be joining uses. If they
      have tan pbi w/lime scotchlite, you don't want to be the only w/yellow nomex and orange scotchlite, you need to keep the uniformity. Like some of the other guys were
      saying, its expensive. I had to buy mine when I first joined, but that was 8 years ago and have since bought me 2 sets.

Comment

My department issues out Morning Pride PBI Gold PLUS tails gear tan with triple reflective trim. All the chiefs wear white Morning Pride Nomex Tails gear.

------------------
        Will Roberts
        Firefighter II/ EMT-B
        Heucks Retreat Fire Department
        Brookhaven, MS

Comment

Black with Lime Yellow Trim with a silver strip and lime yellow lettering. Looks good all the time, I think it also looks more traditional too! And of course, it protects us very well.

Comment

In Queensland, Australia, we have just been issued with bright yellow overtrousers and coat, with yellow and silver reflective stripes. Our last issue was yellow overtrousers and blue coat with the yellow and silver reflective stripes.

However, our department supplies all safety and turn out gear, make sure that if you have to buy your own that it meets all current standards for your department.

Comment

Who cares what color it is??

All that matters are:

1. Does it meet NFPA, OSHA & NIOSH standards?

2. Does it fit?

3. Can you afford it?

I've had gear in all kinds of color schemes, and the color has never made any difference in its performance.

Comment

tan w/lime lining. just don't get black w/orange. ive seen those after a few fires, and it looks like pink. ugly as hell

------------------
                DFD Company 18
                "The Clubhouse"

Comment

Personally I use PBI made by Globe that was lime/silver tri-stripe. I have found this to be a great set of gear. I personally would avoid black unless it is cold most of the year. I think PBI is the way to go, but if your department doesn't buy the gear it will cost you a fortune. If you buy used, make sure it is in real good condition.

Comment

Wow. Seems like most of you have never heard of MORNING PRIDE. It is the best gear manufactured. MORNING PRIDE offers the best range of motion and helps to decrease firefighter stress through design. Good luck with your purchase.

Comment

we use the pbi gold with yellow trim. bib pant with the short coats.

Comment

We use to have that color gear until our department changed and went to a standard color of Black and yellow reflectors.

Just out of curiousity, why are you buying your gear. Is it not already supplied by the department? Are there a lot of people that need to by there own gear?

------------------
                        Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Comment

We use to have that color gear until our department changed and went to a standard color of Black and yellow reflectors.

Just out of curiousity, why are you buying your gear. Is it not already supplied by the department? Are there a lot of people that need to by there own gear?

------------------
                          Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Comment

Firefighters:
                            Coat-Black w/yellow striping
                            Pants-Blach w/yellow striping
                            Boots-Various
                            Helmet-Yellow

Officers:
                            Coat-White w/pink striping
                            Pants-White w/pink striping
                            Boots-Various
                            Helmet-White

------------------
                            Dan Kerr Jr.
                            Firefighter/EMT
                            Pennsauken Fire Dept. Sta.#5
                            "Puttin the wet stuff on the red stuff, and keepin it safe"

Comment

We use yellow Globe turnouts with red trim and yellow helmets

Comment

We use black coats and pants with yellow trim. Our helmets are silver New Yorkers.
                                Chief has a white helmet.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X