Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Turnout Colors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnout Colors?

Ok, what color is your turnout gear? I'm going to be volenteering on a F/D this summer, and need to pick up a set of bunker gear. Iv'e been offered a set, dirt cheap, but it's yellow with red trim. Do you have gear like this? Or is yours gold/black?

Our gear is, well, I guess it is gold with the red or yellow reflective striping. The yellow stuff that I am thinking of is Forestry Firefighting gear, but I may be thinking of something different. Also, our dept provides the gear for us. Check into that before you buy your own!

Matt

Comment

Yellow with yellow tape on it

Comment

I have a set, tan with lime/silver trim, that I'm about to offer on eBay....only used it for a few drills and the FF Combat Challenge...it's made by Lion, 7 oz Nomex Isodri...nice gear. If you or anyone else is interested email me ASAP before I list it there.

[email protected]

Stay Low.

Comment

Our Dept Gear is PBI Gold with the Lime Yellow and silver triple strip trim.

------------------
          Watch Each Other and Stay safe...
          Cap...

Comment

our dept is gold with green reflective stripes and is also provided by the department, good gear is very expensive they have you guys buying your own?
            and more importantly wich no one has stated we are not in a fashion show rate your gear by the protection it gives you not how cool it looks on you.. all gear looks the same in a hot smoke filled room
            stay safe

Comment

Black with lime yellow tape and lettering.

Comment

Black with yellow trim and lettering.

Comment

On the job...PBI Gold with yellow and silver twin trim.

Volly...Black with yellow and silver twin trim.

Teaching...PBI Gold with yellow trim.

FyredUp

Comment

I'm in two FD's...

The first:
                    LT's and Capt's: PBI Gold with the yellow reflective trim with a strip of silver in the middle of the yellow

Regulars: PBI Black with the yellow reflective trim with a strip of silver in the middle of the yellow

The Second:
                    PBI Gold with the yellow reflective trim with a strip of silver in the middle of the yellow.

FD #1 uses Globe gear, #2 uses Cairns

Comment

I'm going to be volenteering on a F/D this summer, and need to pick up a set of bunker gear. Iv'e been offered a set, dirt cheap, but it's yellow with red trim. Do you have gear like this? Or is yours gold/black?
                      First, I've seen every color under the sun. I don't think there is any type of national standard. There is yellow, black and PBI gold (like 99% of my department has) with red, orange, yellow or lime trim.

More importantly, why are you buying your own turn-outs? Won't the department you will be running with supply you with gear? Something needs to be changed if a FD requires its members to buy their own gear.

-michael.

------------------
                      FIRE TRUCK YELLOW!?!
                      Visit the E&H Yellow Apparatus Gallery today.

Comment

Turnouts are black as the darkest moonless night, with striping that blazes yellow as the sun at high noon.

Comment

Well I just got new turn out gear. It's Globe PBI gold, with orange/silver tri-stripe, and orange lettering. The old TOG I had was 15 year old Jansville Nomex yellow with orange reflexite. And prior to that I had Black nomex with yellow reflexite(but that was as a junior). Personally I like yellow(or gold) better than black, because it's more visible, even tho the black has refective striping. Also it shows you when you need to clean it. Black gear can hide a lot of cresote, dirt, etc. From what I've been told , over time, leaving stuff such as this on your gear can cause it to break down, especially PBI( for god sake don't leave PBI in the sun). But I guess that TOG color choice is more preference and opinion than anything else! Us poor volunteer depts down here, don't ask our members to supply their own TOG, but a few do, if they do that's fine, cause we're on a shoestring budget anyway. But 'nuff said.

Comment

Get what the rest of your dept wears or what the nearest well respected full-time dept wears. Vol or not they should be buying it for you!
                            East coast likes the black or PBI (like FDNY, Chicago, Boston) Out here on the South West, we wear Nomex yellow and PBI (like LAFD, LACoFD, SDFD).
                            MOST OF ALL - IS THAT GEAR SAFE? Most paid depts won't reissue gear to guys because of it has been exposed to UV rays, smoke, heat and washed to hell. BE CAREFUL!

------------------

Comment

Globe 7.5oz PBI Gold with lime yellow triple trim.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X