This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember your first fire?

I joined my local company last November as a junior member. Last week I was called out of school for my first real structure fire. When we arrived on scene, I was taken back by the way the fire acted and sounded. I was just wondering if anyone else remembers their first fire?

I do, but first I must ask, you get out of school to go to fires? I'm unfamiliar with that, anyhow... My first structure fire was a pesky attic fire, didn't take much to knock it down, but we were ther the rest of the night pickup out hotspots in that stupid cellulose insulation. Not long after that, we had a major apartment blaze, took out 8 apartments . That was almost a year ago.. the apartment blaze happend the night of my birthday, on May 2 .

Comment

Yes i certainly do remember my first house fire. It was a Wednesday afternoon, 12:15 pm and i was sitting in Chemistry class. I got up and left my class. I responded to the call with a fellow firefighter. When we got to the scene there were flames coming out of the roof and smoke was everywhere. Mike is a firefighter in the next town over and responded as our first mutual aid company. THe heat was incredible and i got on a hand line with a higher firefighter. At this fire i got my picture in the paper. I have been in the company about 3 months. This was an awesome site and witnessing this fire and the damage/destruction has changed my life.

------------------
      -JaY-

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...