Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmet age an issue?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Great choice. I hope it works out for you

    Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

    Comment


    • #17
      You could look into the Phenix TC-1 (Traditional Composite -1) Lightweight and reasonably priced


      www.Phenixfirehelmets.com

      Comment


      • #18
        We replace our lids (Bullard FXs) if they're ten years or older.

        Members can purchase their own Cairns 1010 or 1044, which is what I did; I have the 1044 in black with the Bourkes and Defender shield, and I love it (that is, once I got used to the weight and size of it).

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Station 49 View Post
          We replace our lids (Bullard FXs) if they're ten years or older.

          Members can purchase their own Cairns 1010 or 1044, which is what I did; I have the 1044 in black with the Bourkes and Defender shield, and I love it (that is, once I got used to the weight and size of it).
          i don't see the point of having bourkes and having the defender. i have the 1010 and i just have the defender, i think you only need bourkes if you use goggles. but then again i am just an explorer. but our hand me down helmets are no more than 5 years, my capt said he wouldn't even trust us explorers with helmets older than that. but once again im just an explorer so you can take what i said or leave it.
          Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RS1606 View Post
            i don't see the point of having bourkes and having the defender. but once again im just an explorer so you can take what i said or leave it.
            Because they look cool rookie. Because they look cool. Damn
            Stay Safe
            Bull


            “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
            - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

            Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
            -WINSTON CHURCHILL

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
              Because they look cool rookie. Because they look cool. Damn
              oh yes i agree all the way, they just get in the way when not in use. i had them on my old ben2 plus and they always ****ed me off.
              Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by RS1606 View Post
                oh yes i agree all the way, they just get in the way when not in use. i had them on my old ben2 plus and they always ****ed me off.
                I know, I was just messing with you.
                Stay Safe
                Bull


                “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

                Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                -WINSTON CHURCHILL

                Comment


                • #23
                  alright man. but i do have to agree Bourkes do rock, just get in my way so i only have them on my helmet that has the goggles.
                  Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    NFPA Standard 1851 (2008 edition), states that all parts of the structural firefighting ensemble shall be retired 10 year from the manuafacture date. The ensemble includes garmet, hood, gloves, boots and helmet.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mach158 View Post
                      The helmets we currently use (bullard fh2100) on my department are 19-20 years old. Is their anything saying once a helmet is so old it is to be taken out of service?

                      Also, I am unaware of what history is behind any of these helmets. They could have been dropped repeatedly, had a well fall on it, or been in a 1000* fire.

                      I'm mainly looking to get a way to talk people into getting new helmets.
                      The paradox dear colleague.
                      Frankly I would like to be able to have such a helmet, even 20 years, yet is helmet. We headphones equipped with plastic containers, pure (PET)
                      I enclose some pictures you can see what we have helmets equipped.
                      Honestly, I wish I had my hand a helmet old and I would be interested if you can buy sale to sale because I can not afford to buy a new one, being almost as wage costs
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Lion View Post
                        The paradox dear colleague.
                        Frankly I would like to be able to have such a helmet, even 20 years, yet is helmet. We headphones equipped with plastic containers, pure (PET)
                        I enclose some pictures you can see what we have helmets equipped.
                        Honestly, I wish I had my hand a helmet old and I would be interested if you can buy sale to sale because I can not afford to buy a new one, being almost as wage costs
                        Bless you
                        what country??

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Eastern Europe, I'm ashamed to say that the country but say:
                          Romania

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Lion View Post
                            Eastern Europe, I'm ashamed to say that the country but say:
                            Romania
                            Great country!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Indeed, but we have corrupt leaders.
                              After all, every nation has the leaders it deserves. God wanted I was born here and he also hope to help me do my duty to my people safe

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Fanatastic

                                Life is great and also strange in ways

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X