Knee pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee pads

Is anyone using knee pads under their turnouts? If not have you found a need to? I assume they would need to be compliant with NFPA 1971 or 1975. It seems like search times would be faster and injuries would be reduced.

Nope. They'd take too long to put on effectively, are uncomfortable, and I've had to perform relatively few searches where I was forced to be on my knees the entire time.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

I have to disagree with the above reply because I wear them...a cheap pair of volleyball knee pads works perfect and takes an extra 2seconds. I simply store one in each of my turnout boots toward the top so when I step in it I just hold the knee pad sleeve open and continue like usual. Its very lightweight and gives plenty of protection. Helps me significantly..just be prepared to get laughed at for a while but then the crew will notice how much faster you are, especially if you had to be reserved like myself from my football knees lol.

Comment

My turnouts have extra padding and a shell cover in the knees....

Comment

Could have sworn I answered this a long time ago. I use kneepads when training. In fact I've used them the last 20+ years or so. I don't use use them on calls.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X