Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read the standand as of yet but what do depts that have over 80% of the rear of there apparatus covered in diamond tread do? One of our engines is mostely diamond tread. We plan on purchasing an exact replica of our current engine in the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREINST View Post
      I haven't read the standand as of yet but what do depts that have over 80% of the rear of there apparatus covered in diamond tread do? One of our engines is mostely diamond tread. We plan on purchasing an exact replica of our current engine in the next year or so.
      Those areas normally diamond plate on the rear face will probably be finished in smooth aluminum or stainless, and the chevron applied. So your twin won't be quite identical...
      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Delivery

Just wondering if this apparatus has been delivered. The thread was started 10/06. It seems as though it should be about time to be delivered if the bid was awarded to ALF.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
          Nope, only 50%.

15.9.3.2 At least of 50% of the rear vertical surfaces of the apparatus shall be equipped with a minimum 4 inch alternating yellow and red chevron retroreflective striping sloping downward and away from the centerline of the vehicle at an angle of 45 degrees.
          I lied... Someone at my station with some credibility said 65%. I guess I have to beat the credibility out of them.
          Kyle
          Upper Macungie Township Station 56, Allentown, PA
          Vigilant Hose Company #1, Shippensburg, PA

The things I post do not reflect the views of the affiliations I belong to.

Comment

In addition our 1991 Pierce Aerial currently under refurb at Pierce will have the same packages applied.

Comment

Originally posted by ff36ofd View Post
              I have done our tanker, rescue , mini and engine with SCENEdots it takes a little time to put them on but it does look nice
              Hehe...always wondered what they did with the extra bedazzlers....
              -------------------

Failure is not an option!

Comment

Fire Engines / Trucks are supposed to be all RED and diamond plate.

Sorry couldn't pass that up

Comment

Does anyone know of a place that sells the chevron stripping at a reasonable cost?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X