X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CENTEXVOL
    replied
    Chevron striping

We put it on our 06 LaFrance Pumper Tanker. It really makes it stand out at night. We want to retrofit out 96 Smeal to match this one at some point.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    I posted in an earlier thread somewhere on here a bunch of photos of different color combos. The point is moot however, because the next revision of NFPA 1901 is going to set the colors as yellow and red.

You can read the changes by looking on NFPA's site at the 2008 Reports on Proposals:

http://www.nfpa.org/Assets/Files/PDF...-A2008-ROP.pdf

Page 33 of the document at the above link, and item #15.9.3.2 goes through what I believe you'll see NFPA mandating in the near future.

(Credit goes to someone else who recently posted this link on the forums, but I think for a different subject matter.)

We have the red white chevron on two rigs, and I like it alot and it makes sense. I'm thinking of pushing putting it on a bunch of our other rigs that have painted rear surfaces, it should be fairly inexpensive to do and just makes sense to me. I'll have to check with our local graphics purveyor to see what she'd charge to do the install...

Leave a comment:

• Engine305
    replied
    Chevron Striping

Here are some pictures
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• thefish
    replied
    Not San Diego

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    It seems like I read someone out west (San Diego?) was starting to do just this as a means of raising funds for the budget.
    We haven't seen advertising on the fire apparatus yet, but some of the lifeguard units do have "Donated by Chevy... or Jeep... or Nissan... " or whoever.

We could use the dough... maybe we should.

Leave a comment:

• MG3610
    replied
    Originally posted by Halligan84
    Mike,

Check out this article, I think it gives the specs and regulations:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=19

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Halligan84
    replied
    Mike,

Check out this article, I think it gives the specs and regulations:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=19

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by medicmaster
    Holy Cow! Advertising on the side of the truck! I'm surprised we haven't thought of that here yet!
    It seems like I read someone out west (San Diego?) was starting to do just this as a means of raising funds for the budget.

Leave a comment:

• mtnfireguy
    replied
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ght=reflective

Leave a comment:

• MG3610
    replied
    Does anyone have spec language or description of the striping on the rear of your units we can model for a new engine we are working on?

Is there any standard outlining color, angle, width of stripes etc. we should be aware of to use as a guide?

Leave a comment:

• medicmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2andfrom
    Prostitution is now a lawfull activity in Noo Zeelund--can we expect "Get your rocks off at the Pink Pussycat" on all the Auckland fire trucks?

Bit worried about the Homosexual Law --its legal--I'm bloody worried in case "they" make it compulsory. Bite the pillow and think of England?
    Good God! Now that's funny!

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Yeah right!

Prostitution is now a lawfull activity in Noo Zeelund--can we expect "Get your rocks off at the Pink Pussycat" on all the Auckland fire trucks?

Bit worried about the Homosexual Law --its legal--I'm bloody worried in case "they" make it compulsory. Bite the pillow and think of England?

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    replied
    Re the advertising. Our BA sets are supplied by Drager and their UK factory is in our service area, so theres a bit of a deal about the advertising and the total cost of the purchase. We also advertise some other local services such as the county council run Childrens Information Service. Its not a bad idea when you think about it as the space on the sides of the vehicles s pretty much not doing anything most times.

Leave a comment:

• medicmaster
    replied
    Holy Cow! Advertising on the side of the truck! I'm surprised we haven't thought of that here yet!

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    replied
    Most UK appliances have this sort of striping on the rear. Very, very visible from distance.

Last edited by martinm; 11-02-2006, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Engine305
    replied
    Chevron Striping

Ours will be white and dark green stripes, as our apparatus will be painted dark green

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X