• Show
Clear All

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ght=reflective
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

Originally posted by medicmaster
      Holy Cow! Advertising on the side of the truck! I'm surprised we haven't thought of that here yet!
      It seems like I read someone out west (San Diego?) was starting to do just this as a means of raising funds for the budget.

Comment

Mike,

Check out this article, I think it gives the specs and regulations:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=19

Comment

Originally posted by Halligan84
          Mike,

Check out this article, I think it gives the specs and regulations:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=19

Thank you!

Comment

Not San Diego

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
            It seems like I read someone out west (San Diego?) was starting to do just this as a means of raising funds for the budget.
            We haven't seen advertising on the fire apparatus yet, but some of the lifeguard units do have "Donated by Chevy... or Jeep... or Nissan... " or whoever.

We could use the dough... maybe we should.

Comment

Chevron Striping

Here are some pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

I posted in an earlier thread somewhere on here a bunch of photos of different color combos. The point is moot however, because the next revision of NFPA 1901 is going to set the colors as yellow and red.

You can read the changes by looking on NFPA's site at the 2008 Reports on Proposals:

http://www.nfpa.org/Assets/Files/PDF...-A2008-ROP.pdf

Page 33 of the document at the above link, and item #15.9.3.2 goes through what I believe you'll see NFPA mandating in the near future.

(Credit goes to someone else who recently posted this link on the forums, but I think for a different subject matter.)

We have the red white chevron on two rigs, and I like it alot and it makes sense. I'm thinking of pushing putting it on a bunch of our other rigs that have painted rear surfaces, it should be fairly inexpensive to do and just makes sense to me. I'll have to check with our local graphics purveyor to see what she'd charge to do the install...
                "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Chevron striping

We put it on our 06 LaFrance Pumper Tanker. It really makes it stand out at night. We want to retrofit out 96 Smeal to match this one at some point.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We have chevron striping on the back of our heavy rescue, and since the majority of the MVAs we respond to are on a US highway swarming with log trucks and speed freaks, I can't imagine being out there without it. It makes the apparatus VERY visible from a distance, day or night, and it allows us to reduce the number of flashing lights on scene. Too many flashing lights has been shown to actually decrease visibility to drivers approaching the scene and can cause secondary MVAs.

Comment

Chevron striping for treadplate

Has everyone gone to the extreme of sending their apparatus into the shop for a retrofit of smooth aluminum and application of the chevron striping on the back? BIG BUCKS!!!
                      Many of the departments around us have tried the SCENEdots. Works really well, same retro-reflective material as the side of the trucks, best of all....cost is way less.

Comment

Our new engine will have some red/white chevrons on the rear. None of are other vehicles do yet. May be talk of retrofitting in the future. Traffic Incident Management has recently became a huge topic in our area and is why we addressed ordering chevrons. At this point in time we will be the first to have them in quite a large area.
                        The success of a fire department depends on the willingness of its members to put aside their differences and work for the benefit of the dept/community.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                          We SERIOUSLY looked into doing it on our pumper/tanker. The only issue we got into was price (we were restricted because of grant funds and had to prioritize). It looks different and takes some getting used to, but I think it's a pretty wise investment.
                          You should check out the SCENEdots! I think you'd be surprised!

Comment

I have done our tanker, rescue , mini and engine with SCENEdots it takes a little time to put them on but it does look nice
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chevrons

I see the link is a bit old but here's what my dept did with the engine and tanker/tender we took delivery of last summer. I was a bit skeptical at first but once I saw the engine at night with the LED's lit up and the reflectiveness of the chevron I was sold!!! We are now looking into placing the "Scenedots" on our remaining apparatus.

http://www.customfire.com/d_pumper.php?id=467032e713316
                              http://www.customfire.com/d_mobilewa...=4682b57162d6d

Comment

Traffik lites

Have you checked out the product called Traffik Lites. They are made by a company called TK Design out of Indianapolis. The owner is a ff there in indy and we have the fix for chevron stripping on diamond plate. Check out his website at www.tkdesignindy.com or www.traffiklites.com.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X