This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevron Striping on Apparatus

Anyone have experience with chevron striping on the rear of your apparatus. I have taken the bold move of specifying it on the rear of my 2007 rescue pumper on order. Will be the first one like it in several counties .

Thanks and be safe

http://blackwoodfire.org/pictures/10...Marshal001.jpg

http://blackwoodfire.org/pictures/10_04_06/PA040023.jpg

We had 2 engines and a rescue retrofitted. We also did the lower inside of the cab doors but I can't find a picture.

It has becoming much more prevalent in South Jersey over the last few years, Mt Laurel in Burlington County started the trend in our area.

Comment

We SERIOUSLY looked into doing it on our pumper/tanker. The only issue we got into was price (we were restricted because of grant funds and had to prioritize). It looks different and takes some getting used to, but I think it's a pretty wise investment.

Comment

We are in the process of retrofitting all of our apparatus that respond to highway incidents and all new apparatus will have it.

We will doing the lime green background with red stripes.
        Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
        "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

Pretty much every single ambulance, supervisor's vehicles, and even trailers for Wake County, NC EMS has it....

Above taken by: Lee Wilson

Above taken by: Mike Legeros

Not too sure of any local FDs with it, but I have seen it done.
          Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

I think all Emergency Vehicles should have it if it is possible. I love it and it didn't take anything to get used to it at all for me.
            Jason.
            Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
            Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
            Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Comment

Chevron striping

We have the Chevron striping on our new engine and have heard great feedback. The striping makes the truck very visible. We are the only one in our area that has it.

Here is a pic of the back of our engine. We just ordered another engine and it will have the Chevron striping.

http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus...ies/index.html

Click pumpers and scroll down and click on New Hartford Fire.

Mark

Comment

I think it is one of the better safety enhancements that has come along in recent years...I think we can learn alot from the Europeans in that regard.

With that being said, I'm waiting for the thread to deteriorate to the FIRE TRUCKS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ALL RED, DAMMIT! point of no return.
                Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Comment

Chevron Striping

Ours will be white and dark green stripes, as our apparatus will be painted dark green

Comment

Most UK appliances have this sort of striping on the rear. Very, very visible from distance.

Last edited by martinm; 11-02-2006, 08:54 AM.
                    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Holy Cow! Advertising on the side of the truck! I'm surprised we haven't thought of that here yet!

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Comment

Re the advertising. Our BA sets are supplied by Drager and their UK factory is in our service area, so theres a bit of a deal about the advertising and the total cost of the purchase. We also advertise some other local services such as the county council run Childrens Information Service. Its not a bad idea when you think about it as the space on the sides of the vehicles s pretty much not doing anything most times.
                        United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Yeah right!

Prostitution is now a lawfull activity in Noo Zeelund--can we expect "Get your rocks off at the Pink Pussycat" on all the Auckland fire trucks?

Bit worried about the Homosexual Law --its legal--I'm bloody worried in case "they" make it compulsory. Bite the pillow and think of England?

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom
                            Prostitution is now a lawfull activity in Noo Zeelund--can we expect "Get your rocks off at the Pink Pussycat" on all the Auckland fire trucks?

Bit worried about the Homosexual Law --its legal--I'm bloody worried in case "they" make it compulsory. Bite the pillow and think of England?
                            Good God! Now that's funny!

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Comment

Does anyone have spec language or description of the striping on the rear of your units we can model for a new engine we are working on?

Is there any standard outlining color, angle, width of stripes etc. we should be aware of to use as a guide?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X