Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightman Landing Zone Kit?

Hello Forum:

We are looking into purchasing a pair of Lightman Landing Zone kits. Obviously they are designed for use in outlining a landing zone, however, we would also like to use the strobes instead of road flares on a MVA scene.

Has anyone used these strobes for this purpose? Did they work well?

Trying to get more bang for the buck.

Thanks very much for any input.

John
    BCVFD

We have some kind of battery-powered doo-dads we use on the highway. They are more visible than cones and don't have to be replaced like flares. I do like them.

We NEVER use any kind of marker lights on landing zones, and we probably do 20 LZ's a year. The chopper crews come and do a class with us every so often and they always discourage any sort of loose objects on the ground. I have seen 2 1/2" hose lift out of the bed from rotor wash!

Conclusion: I haven't used that particular model but ours are comparable and I like them. Resist the temptation to use them on LZ's, pending agreement by your air medical providers.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

EastKYFF:

Thanks for the reply. We hardly ever do Air Evac landings, so, they will be used on the highway.

Ordered a pair of kits today.

Thanks again.

John
      BCVFD

Comment

We only use them on a landing to mark obstructions, so the wash is not an issue. I have seen many try to make a circle for the helo, and that is fraught with problems.

We have turboflares, that Air Evac bought us.

The lightman lights - we buy those individualy for about 12 bucks a light, with the magnetic base, and slap them on signs to lead mutual aid or EMS into a scene.

We much prefer the turboflares for a flare replacement, the lightman style lights do not work well for that.

Comment

Yes, they work well for regular flashes of light. And they are the right solution for use in outlining a landing zone. And you can go for them.

Portable Light Towers for Heavy Duty Applications

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X