X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robonel
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2004

Rear reflective scene dots

I need some feedback on products that are out there, I have researched the Scene Dots, Daimon Diamonds, and Traffik Lites. These are all the adhesive dots that you apply over the tread plate. I am looking for anyone that has used any of these products and am looking for some feedback on pricing and durability if you have an opinion. I appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks.
  • wischief
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Oct 2007

I can't speak for them all, but we have used Diamondiamonds for over a year now. They were fast and easy to install and have held up well to regular washing. No complaints so far. A neighboring department has used Scenedots and as far as I know, they have had no problems either.

Comment

• HuntPA
      Forum Member
      • May 2010

We do not use any of them, but a neighbor uses the Scenedots. After seeing these in action at night I had to ask if they could get rid of half. They seem like they are too bright and reflective.

Is there a point when we are creating a hazard by having too much reflective material and too many lights? Are we creating a blinding light with everything that is actually harming what we are trying to do?

Comment

• Ashburn_2011
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by HuntPA
        We do not use any of them, but a neighbor uses the Scenedots. After seeing these in action at night I had to ask if they could get rid of half. They seem like they are too bright and reflective.

Is there a point when we are creating a hazard by having too much reflective material and too many lights? Are we creating a blinding light with everything that is actually harming what we are trying to do?
        That is a GREAT question! People dont think of that, all they worry about is being seen, they dont mention that drivers may be blinded or (going off subject) may have epilepsy and go into a seizure while passing by our array of lights and strobes

Comment

• ChiefKN
          Back In Black
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Ashburn_2011
          That is a GREAT question! People dont think of that, all they worry about is being seen, they dont mention that drivers may be blinded or (going off subject) may have epilepsy and go into a seizure while passing by our array of lights and strobes
          I hope someone that sensitive is not driving.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• BoxAlarm187
            Let's talk fire trucks!
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ashburn_2011
            The Epilepsy Foundation estimates only 90,000 people in the entire nation suffer from photosensitivity epilepsy. In the grand scheme of things, I think we're more likely to be struck be a distracted driver than a seizing driver.
            Career Fire Captain
            Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

• FireRescueLupo
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2010

I have liked the looks of the scene dots, but do not have to drive behind them so I cannot comment on that. It is a tough line between being seen and being to destracting or blinding that it is a disruption. There has been a few to many times where I wonder how someone can miss this big red truck flashing and strobing and screaming sirens, but I can say there have been times following safely behind another rig thinking dang those strobes are bright!

Not sure how soon you are looking to make a choice but I usually go to conventions and they seem to have a good variety of this stuff there to check out and compare.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...