Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

RIT v. RIC v. FAST, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police in my area formed a FART group. Fatal Accident Response Team. They are specially trained in accident investigation/reconstruction/etc. They are requested to all fatal accidents and near fatal ones. They still use FART. We get a chuckle out of it the first couple times. Then we got past that phase.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
      Police in my area formed a FART group. Fatal Accident Response Team. They are specially trained in accident investigation/reconstruction/etc. They are requested to all fatal accidents and near fatal ones. They still use FART. We get a chuckle out of it the first couple times. Then we got past that phase.

You sure about that last part? Last time I heard a FART get requested, I think everyone still chuckled.

Comment

Now it's an old fart.

Should see the new gear we got....harness built into the pants instead of the Gemtor. No more big biner that we used to clip onto guys SCBA's to drag them out, no more using the big biner to hook onto ladders....gonna have to figure other ways to do this..or buy new biners to add on.
        "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
          Now it's an old fart.

Should see the new gear we got....harness built into the pants instead of the Gemtor. No more big biner that we used to clip onto guys SCBA's to drag them out, no more using the big biner to hook onto ladders....gonna have to figure other ways to do this..or buy new biners to add on.
          I've heard mixed review on that kinda bunker pants. Down here we don't have any harness on our pants, so I've adjusted and gotten used to not having it.

I'll be home this weekend, so I'll have to stop by and check it out. I hope I still have my old gear in my stall!

Comment

Terds... Farts..... Only in FD can we take an important duty/task and turn it into bathroom humor. Love it!

Now I kinda sped read through this as I multi-tasking so I apologize if this was already covered.. but Wasnt there a big push to actually move away from using RIT all together? I could have sworn I read an article in firehouse Mag. that said they were trying to move past the use of RIT/RIC "team" and rather train all firefighters on a given department the duties of RIT/RIC and how to get themselves out of a jam. Don't get me wrong I personally still want that RIT team availible, but lets face it, there are some areas that just dont have that kind of manpower, then half the time the people showing up dont actually have any formal RIT/RIC training/certification.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by WildFireShane View Post
              Terds... Farts..... Only in FD can we take an important duty/task and turn it into bathroom humor. Love it!

Now I kinda sped read through this as I multi-tasking so I apologize if this was already covered.. but Wasnt there a big push to actually move away from using RIT all together? I could have sworn I read an article in firehouse Mag. that said they were trying to move past the use of RIT/RIC "team" and rather train all firefighters on a given department the duties of RIT/RIC and how to get themselves out of a jam. Don't get me wrong I personally still want that RIT team availible, but lets face it, there are some areas that just dont have that kind of manpower, then half the time the people showing up dont actually have any formal RIT/RIC training/certification.

Thoughts?
              I haven't heard anything about getting away from RIT teams. I wouldn't imagine that being an accepted idea, as anything to do with safety is usually stressed and not eliminated. Although training in self rescue and firefighter survival is always beneficial, there's too many problems that can arise in a fire that you wouldn't be able to get out of yourself (SCBA problem, run out of air, collapse, disoriented, etc). A dedicated rescue team with all the equipment they could need comes in handy in situations like that.

As far as training everyone on RIT team operations, that really depends on the area. In my career dept., 4th due engine is typically the RIT team, so on any given day that you're on an engine company, you could be RIT at a fire. Whereas the area where my volly house is, there are certain companies that are trained to a county standard for RIT, and can be used as a RIT team. And those departments are called by the neighboring towns when a RIT team is needed.

Comment

I don't think that you will be able to standardize this... I understand that it is a possible issue with mutual aide and other things of that sort... I do think that a way to fix the issue on a local level is to do mutual aide training. Get to know eachothers operations, termonology, trucks, and personalities... I understand that easier said than done.
                I do agree that the terms should be limited to RIT or RIC. We use RIC where I am from. I do notice that alot of the "RIC Bags" say "RIT" on them...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X