• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheIrishCowboy
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jul 2005

RIC/RIT training

Howdy all -

Im expecting to graduate FL fire academy in a few months, just looking to see if anyone has info on RIC (or is it RIT?) training - what's it entail, how long are course(s), etc? Weve only touched on it, and im interested. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
  • RyanEMVFD
    Forum Member
    • Oct 1999

RIT is regional at this time. Along with what it's called, the course can be different from place to place. RIT, RIC, FAST, FART it all equals to the the same thing. I think Florida has some pretty good classes, I think at Broward College (is that right?).
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

• TheIrishCowboy
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Jul 2005

Yeah? Ill check Broward then, apprecaite it. Ive heard both RIT and RIC down here, i suuppoe either's better than FART.

Comment

• captjab
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Jan 2004

There's hundreds of RIT schools out there, and each one teaches the basic's of RIT, some are better then others, but with any training you get out what you put in.

Now if you wanting to attend a RIT school or host one, here's a really good site to use fireinnovations.com You can find a class close to you, or you can host one by contacting this company. The man who runs it is named Juan Colorado and as you can see, he has developed alot of RIT stuff. I attended his class along with others and he seems to teach a universal RIT class without degrading other RIT techniques. He's very open minded and has alot of strong instructors.

His class last 6 days (8 hours per day)
        Last edited by captjab; 10-12-2005, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• mphares
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2006

For departments looking to become proficient in R.I.T., contact Working Fire Training (www.workingfire.com) and ask about their 7-volume RIT basic and advanced training series (currently on VHS). Conducted by RIT Guru, Jim Crawford of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire. All 7 for $199. Their number is 800-516-3473, email, [email protected].

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...