SCBA Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA Question???

I have a question regarding the RIT /UAC adapter on a NFPA 1981 (2007 edition) SCBAs and was hoping that someone on here would be able to shed some light on this. Would there be any reason as to why a SCBA manufactured after the 2007 edition of NFPA 1981 would not complete the "Transfill operation" using the RIT/UAC and transfill hose with the universal connectors to equialize pressure from one SCBA to another SCBA in an emergency situation ONLY? Does anyone know of a check valve within the RIT / UAC adapter that would prohibt this kind of operation within a NFPA 1981 2007 edition SCBA?

If so would you be able to provide me with some info regarding this? I will also post this in the Firefighting section as well.

~Silverado

Originally posted by silverad0 View Post
    I have a question regarding the RIT /UAC adapter on a NFPA 1981 (2007 edition) SCBAs and was hoping that someone on here would be able to shed some light on this. Would there be any reason as to why a SCBA manufactured after the 2007 edition of NFPA 1981 would not complete the "Transfill operation" using the RIT/UAC and transfill hose with the universal connectors to equialize pressure from one SCBA to another SCBA in an emergency situation ONLY? Does anyone know of a check valve within the RIT / UAC adapter that would prohibt this kind of operation within a NFPA 1981 2007 edition SCBA?

If so would you be able to provide me with some info regarding this? I will also post this in the Firefighting section as well.

~Silverado
    Bud, That sounds a Dam good Question for the SCBA manufacture.
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X