Ceiling Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling Clearance

I am currently researching ceiling clearance dealing with combustible material (paper & plastic signs) that is hanging from the ceiling.
    In the 2003 International Fire Code I could only find the storage of material cannot be between 18 and 24 inches depending upon the building being sprinklered.
    Does anyone know where I can find the code, if there is one, on combustable signs hanging from the ceiling. I was told there was a code on this.

Thanks
    This is My Opinion and not of anyone elses!!

Sorry, don't know of a code for hanging signs (other than just additional combustible materials), but I have had owners remove signs that would interfere with sprinkler heads (i.e. signs hanging in between sprinkler head and combustible).
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Thanks,

What is the code for "other combustible material".

This is a gas station, mercantile business, and has a large number of "Beer" signs, "cigerate" signs, and banners hanging from the tile grid.

Thanks Again
      This is My Opinion and not of anyone elses!!

Comment

Not sure what you are looking for. This is what I have found about hanging material (i.e. signs).

This is from NFPA 1 Uniform Fire Code

20.1.4.4.2* Where required by the applicable provisions of this Code, draperies, curtains, and other similar loosely hanging furnishings and decorations shall meet the flame propagation performance criteria contained in NFPA 701, Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame Propagation of Textiles and Films. [101:10.3.1]
        Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X