Residential Fire Sprinklers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential Fire Sprinklers

Is there any communities out there that have a program or ordinance in place that allows fire inspectors to require a single family residential sprinkler system to be maintained and inspected on an annual basis? Also what departments inspect residential systems on an annual basis and how do you go about doing this.

Parts of Arizona are required to have sprinklers, but I don't know the specifics.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

hmmmm...

Here in the City of Gaithersburg, Maryland, we require all new single family homes to have sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA 13D (we have since December last year, and neighboring Prince George's County has for quite a few years now). As far as annual inspections, we have neither the staffing nor the budget to be able to do annual inspections of commercial occupancies, not to even mention single family - that would be a daunting task. NFPA 13D entirely leaves maintenance up to the owner - for supervision, we require the water supply to be arranged with the domestic tie-in on the system side of the sprinkler control valve (so that, if the shut-off valve that controls the sprinkler supply is closed, the domestic water is shut off, too). That way, if there is a problem with the sprinkler system, they will have to get it fixed in an expeditious fashion, or they will have no domestic water

Good luck!
      An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X