Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Safety Inspection Checklist

Hello all.
    I am from a small volunteer fire department and have been asked to do a walk around at our local elementary school to conduct a tour as the LAFC (Local Assistant to the Fire Commissioner). It's not like I am totally new at this part, but I was hoping someone out there had a checklist or form that you follow for such a task. It would make the tour smoother and more professional. I would appreciate anything you could send my way.
    I am looking specifically for Schools as well as public assemblies.

Thanks
    Play safe.

Add in an evacuation plan, proper storage of combustibles/flammables and a clean, well-maintained heating plant area.

Does your code have specific requirements for egress windows from classrooms?

Public address system functional?

Comment

I am located in BC Canada. I realize some things will be different but just wanted to get a general format as well as good points that I can cross reference to the BC Fire Code.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks folks, those examples posted were excellent. I have read through the BC Fire Code 2012 several times, just don't want to miss anything. I have a list I appropriated from somewhere and used to inspect our fire hall, but didn't like the end result. Didn't flow like I thought it should.

Really appreciate your responses. Thanks again.

Comment

The IFC publishes a pocket guide I used which I found helpful. Had everything an inspector on an inspection may need.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X