Extinguisher Trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extinguisher Trainer

We are going to replace our extinguisher training equipment and would like to get feedback from those of you who have been using Bullex or Kidde equipment. Thanks!

Personally, I despise the Bullex simulators. They teach people how to extinguish simulated fires with simulated extinguishers -- not real fires with real extinguishers.

There's no effective substitute for training with the real thing.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Point noted.
      Thanks!

Comment

Bulled is clean burning. Have not used or seen the computer one, but to me would be more like a video game

The bulled fire one does take some labor and time to keep the extinguishers charged. Especially if the group is large
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
          Bulled is clean burning. Have not used or seen the computer one, but to me would be more like a video game
          They had several versions set up at the NFPA conference. Your guess is right on the nose.
          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
          sigpic
          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Thanks to all. We have already discounted the "digital" trainer.
            Good point about extinguisher refill. We did request 4 extinguishers in the grant proposal though.

Comment

Bullex has a pretty long setup/breakdown time and the extinguishers have to be recharged with air after every one (sometimes you can squeeze out a second) user.

It's handy for an open house situation where you will be in one location all day with a constant flow of students. For a one time class with a fixed group of students, a traditional burn pan with real extinguishers is better.

Comment

Both systems have there advantages and whilst I prefer the live fire option as it offers a more realistic scenario, I can see the advantage of the Bullex system and have considered purchasing one in the past. I feel that it may be beneficial at locations where there is no space outside for a real fire or in high rise office blocks etc. I have not bought one as yet but be interested to hear from someone who owns both and can give a honest opinion?

Comment

Thanks to all for your input. We went with the I.T.S. Xtreme Trainer's Package with some extras. People at BullEx were great to work with! Feel sure this will meet expectations.

Comment

How much does the I.T.S. Xtreme run? You dont need to give exact dollar amount you paid but am I looking at $1000, $5000, or more.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X