Smoke alarms in each bedroom???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke alarms in each bedroom???

Can you tell me if there are towns and villages in Canada, USA or in Europe, known for having adopted a regulation requiring electrical smoke alarms in each bedroom in addition to one per floor?

Not being up on building codes, I can tell you that all new construction in Ohio requires it. My house has more smoke detectors than I care to admit to due to this.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by cj78 View Post
      Can you tell me if there are towns and villages in Canada, USA or in Europe, known for having adopted a regulation requiring electrical smoke alarms in each bedroom in addition to one per floor?
      Most states in the US adopt some form of the ICC building codes so most of them have required smoke alarms in all sleeping areas since 2003ish.
      "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
      sigpic
      The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

US, around here since 1991 if not better!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Not just the law... its also a good idea.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
            Not just the law... its also a good idea.
            We teach people to sleep with their doors closed to prevent smoke from coming in but that also prevents smoke from going out and reaching a hallway detector.

Why not have one in each bedroom?
            Steve Dragon
            FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
            Volunteers are never "off duty".
            http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

Originally posted by dragonfyre View Post
              We teach people to sleep with their doors closed to prevent smoke from coming in but that also prevents smoke from going out and reaching a hallway detector.

Why not have one in each bedroom?
              This is also why we still have a baby monitor in our five year old's bedroom.

If you've done this more then a few years you've seen people lose their lives because of the lack of these very cheap devices.
              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                Most states in the US adopt some form of the ICC building codes so most of them have required smoke alarms in all sleeping areas since 2003ish.
                I am asked to propose a new regulation that would require the presence of smoke detectors in all beadrooms. Someone can help me to find examples of regulations... Looking for website where I would find examples? Even better, a contact in a municipality that applies these bylaw would be great... Thanks.
                Hugo Briere, Qu├ębec, Canada

Comment

Is that "up to date"?

http://www.bironwisconsin.org/dbimag...20Required.pdf

Comment

Cj78

Just a question. What do you do for a living?? It may help better answer your question
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Go to the ICC website and you can check there- also NYS requires them - you can access the Code on line (2007 edition at least), the wording is almost identical to the ICC wording.

Why reinvent the wheel.....and at least in NY they are not 'bylaws' (you meant something else perhaps)....it is Law.

Comment

First, excuse my English, it is not perfect
                        I am Captain responsible for fire prevention for a municipality of 6,000 people. It's true, do not reinvent the wheel and that's why I'm looking on forums outside of Canada, because here it is not yet the norm. When I say that this bylaw is the level of competence that belongs to us (town). For a law, it should be initiated at government level and this may be my next challenge ...

Comment

What building/fire codes are currently adopted in your province? Even if the requirements you're looking for aren't already there it would still be easier to adopt model language for the same code systems you already have.
                          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                          sigpic
                          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
                            Go to the ICC website and you can check there- also NYS requires them - you can access the Code on line (2007 edition at least), the wording is almost identical to the ICC wording.

Why reinvent the wheel.....and at least in NY they are not 'bylaws' (you meant something else perhaps)....it is Law.
                            Could you give me the direct link since ICC gives me a variety of Internet sites unrelated to the topic ... What does the acronym ICC and NYS?

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                              What building/fire codes are currently adopted in your province? Even if the requirements you're looking for aren't already there it would still be easier to adopt model language for the same code systems you already have.
                              We do have the Canadian Code but nothing about smoke detection in bedroom.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X