Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Firefighter Thesis Research for San Diego State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighter Thesis Research for San Diego State University.

Dear Forum Members,

I am sorry for the miscommunication that has occurred here. My friend was attempting to help me with my research, but took a poor approach. I am currently in the process of developing my thesis, and formed the survey monkey link as a way to get feedback on my interview guide, before I began. The link was only supposed to be sent to a few close friends. I was hoping to ensure my questions addressed the issues I was interested in, and were understandable. I appreciate your comments, like pointing out you felt it was geared toward lifetime fire fighters. I would like to include people at all levels of the fire service, and need to make a few changes.

All of the links have been removed, and in fact the site is no longer active. I would appreciate it if you contacted me personally with any additional concerns or feedback at [email protected]. Again I am sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Jetsettingfire1; 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM.

You are going to find yourself banned for spamming the forums...

Comment

One might expect someone who claims to be bright enough to be enrolled in a graduate degree program:

a) would know enough not to crosspost the same message a dozen times or so...

b) wouldn't actually even seriously consider doing an open call to surveymonkey and calling it legitimate research...

Puh-leez...

This is a voluntary, anonymous, self-report online survey directed by Kimberly Scruton under the supervision of Dr. Kurt Lindemann, Dr. Patricia Geist-Martin from the School of Communication at San Diego State University and Dr. Jung Choi from the Sociology Department at San Diego State University.

This survey includes questions regarding the emotional experiences of fire fighters' on the job. Specifically, this study seeks to examine the emotion labor involved in performing the duties of a fire fighter, and the importance of social support. You have been recruited to take this survey because you are an adult, who has worked in the fire services. You must be 18 years of age or older to complete this survey. If you decide to participate, your responses will be anonymous – that is, recorded without any identifying information that is linked to you.

If you have any questions regarding this research study, please feel free to contact Kimberly Scruton at (619-312-0486) ([email protected]) in the School of Communication. If any question(s) bring up thoughts or feelings that you wish to discuss, you may contact the National Helpline Network at (800) 784-2433 to obtain referrals to local non-profit organizations or community services that offer publicly available psychological or counseling services in your area. You may also contact the SDSU Counseling & Psychological Services at (619) 594-5220, by e-mail [email protected], or visit the website at www.sa.sdsu.edu/cps/cps_home.html.

If you have any questions regarding your rights as a participant in this research study, please contact the Institutional Review Board at SDSU, (619) 594-6622, [email protected].

We appreciate your participation.

Kimberly Scruton, M.A. Candidate
      Kurt Lindemann, Ph.D.
      Patricia Geist-Martin, Ph.D.
      Jung Choi, Ph.D.

Source http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...w8o9BYMA_3d_3d
      For anyone inclined to comment on the candidate's "research methods," here is the relevant contact information:

[email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]

N.B. one observation you may come away with is that firefighters really, really dislike spam and spammers.
      Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM.
      "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
      sigpic
      The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

What he said.

I probably would have spent ten minutes on your survey had you not posted it 2353596970 times in every room.

One post = reasonable. Many replies.

2353596970 posts is spam. Spam is like fire. Around here it will be put out very quickly.

Comment

The main reason I'm not replying is that, as usual, the surveyor assumes that all firefighters do this for a living. It was even posted in the Volunteer Forum, but all the questions seem geared toward career firefighters. Not even a simple "Are you a career firefighter or a volunteer?" to start off with.

So I guess I'm not qualified to answer the survey. Sorry.

A little research before you start asking questions goes a long way, Kim. Know your audience.
          Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
          Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
          Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
          — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Spam

this posting has been deleted.
            Last edited by Jetsettingfire1; 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM. Reason: negative feedback

Comment

Nicely done!

Gerald
              San Diego

Comment

I second that!
                Fan of Firefighter in San Diego

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse