NJ Arson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Arson ?

OK, this is an actual story from my event filled trip to New Jersey this summer. My last nite there, there was a party at my place of employment, for the end of the summer. After the party, my date and I were enjoying the beach scene at about 2300. As I lean in for a kiss, I see a flash, and fireball come from the nearby lifeguard stand. Her, being an off-duty Lifeguard, and me, LG-EMT and Firefighter-Cadet, run to the stand, as 2 young males run off fromit, laughing and looking back. A boardwalk cop catches one, and I run the other one down (yea yea I know, I shouldnt have, but it ****ed me off) My question is, what charges will these Mutts face for setting fire to a Beach Patrol Lifeguard stand. It would have been used in the morning, but a new one was delivered. Both firebugs were under 18.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Criminal Mischief. Arson charges only pertain to structures (very loosely defined in the NJ Burglary statutes). The degree of crime will depend onthe value of a lifeguard stand. My guess is its under $500. So it is going to be a disorderly person offense. No past record and they walk out with a fine and restitution. If they **** the judge off, 5 days in the County Jail, but I highly doubt it.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X