Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

will a fire investigator help me out by answering a few questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacInnis
    replied
    More Info

When I was EKU I had to complete two senior term paper. The Investigation class was almost the same topic. I got some of my research information from the US Fire Academy research department. They we of great help and used them several times. But Ron can be of great help too.

Go to this link for and then to faculty for Ron's email.

www.fireandsafety.eku.edu

Leave a comment:

• LACAPT
    replied
    Mike, you might also contact Ron Hopkins at East Kentucky University, Ron is one of the foremost leaders in FI.

Leave a comment:

• AP9210
    replied
    If you still need info contact your local Michigan State Police Fire Investigator. I have worked with them on several fires and they are a great resource forrinformation and will do just about anything to help you. However they are very busy. good luck

Leave a comment:

• LACAPT
    replied
    Train your supression crews to do a minimal amount of damage right from the outset. Scene preservation is very important because one never knows when a fire scene is a crime scene. There are a number of little things that fire fighters can be trained to do or not to do, like not standing around the exhuast from any fuel burning device be it a fire truck or a ppv etc. Not fueling up your PPv's gensets etc. in the driveway where FF's will have to walk. Doing the above will put an investigation in the toilet if you suspect that it was arson using an excellerent, you have contaminated the fire scene with other than what was used in the fire. teach your people not to move things unless it absolutly has to be moved. Keep your overhaul to a minimum, this leaves less work for the investigator when we do scene reconstruction. When you do your overhaul get tarps into the scene when possible to cover up areas to keep them as clean as you can, I realize that this most often is not practical but do it when you can. in your overhaul process don't be afraid to ask if its Ok to do some thing your unsure of, its better to ask than scew it up, remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people, after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• MacInnis
    replied
    Mike

Send me an email I might be able to send some stuff your way.

Leave a comment:

• jcasey
    replied
    1) Train the responders that after EVERY fire there is an investigation, so I guess that takes care of 2 also. The most important part of the investigation takes place BEFORE you get there. Know the legal system. Know NFPA 921. Know the physical/chemical impact of fire on a structure and contents.
    3) There is no code enforcment in a home. Also, every home is a part of someones life. Treat it with respect. Shoveling up someones autobody shop isn't the same as scooping up the kids stuffed animals.
    Last edited by jcasey; 01-24-2005, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikecrespi
    replied
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    1. Overhaul

2. That depends. FD's who have actively trained their fire fighters in reference to fire investigation awareness usually do. Those who receive no training usually don't.

3. a)Keep in mind that, in the eyes of the court, the home is sacred. b) Keep privacy rights in mind always.
    c) Do not generalize or jump to conclusions. A bankrupt business can have an electrical fire
    d) Learn your business. FIre is a predictable physical and chemical phenomenon. Learn everything you can about it. Everything.

Leave a comment:

• will a fire investigator help me out by answering a few questions?

Hello,
    First I will introduce myself as this is my first post.
    I'm a Fire Technology Student at Schoolcraft College which is in wayne county michigan, I have completed the fire academy and basic emt course and will be graduating next semester. I am currently in a fire and arson investigation class. I am doing a group project on the investigation of residential structure fires for my class. I was hoping A fire investigator on this site would let me quote him in my project. I was thinking that the following questions are good ones but any suggestions would be appreciated.
    1.In your professional opinion what is the most important stage of a fire investigation?
    2.Do you find that the firefighters on your department sufficiently protect possible evidence during the extinguishment of the fire?
    3.What are some key things to keep in mind when dealing with a residential fire as opposed to a commercial fire?
    If you can think of anything else i would be grateful.
    I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me
    Thank you,
    Mike crespi

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...