• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Fla--Arson Suspect Dies during Police Chase

Melbourne man, suspected of arson, dies in police chase

Associated Press

Last update: 09 August 2003

MELBOURNE -- An arson suspect was killed in an accident during a police chase on Interstate 95 in Brevard County on Friday.

David Kruljac, 42, of Melbourne, died when he drove head-on into a tractor-trailer, was ejected and was run over by a Melbourne police squad car, said Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Kim Miller.

The accident closed a stretch of I-95, the major traffic artery on Florida's east coast, for about three hours.

Police said Kruljac allegedly set fire to the Melbourne home he shared with a housemate, then stole his housemate's 1994 Chevrolet pickup.

Melbourne police began chasing Kruljac northbound on I-95, and used stop sticks to blow out the pickup's four tires. Kruljac drove into the median, then into southbound traffic for a half-mile before colliding with the truck, Miller said.

Kruljac was run over by the police car driven by Officer Chad Webe, officials said.

------

Information from: Florida Today, http://www.floridatoday.com
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X