No announcement yet.

Extreme Cold Ops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to Mikey, he knows what he's talking about. Dry pumps and antifreeze. Here in oil country we're very familiar with keeping things from freezing up, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, where it can get to -40 for weeks.

Stay Safe

Comment

Hehe FWD,be careful how you shake that bush.If we don't start paying attention to how many of those dead dinosaurs we pump out of the ground you just might get to experience that barley powered,coal burning water transfer device again.They WILL burn various fuels,wood,coal,dried corn,dried cow flaps etc.Or worse yet,tormentor rails and manpower.Very few good old Engineers left.Cherish the ones you have and absorb their wisdom. T.C.

Comment

TC He would be the first person to tell you that I would get a hard-on at the opportunity to be able to pump one........We both have an old friend who is a retired Philadelphia Lieutenant and a well-known buff, that likes to tell people that I was born 73 years too late...........

Not to mention the fact, that the very 1958 FWD that he rode on when he was 17 years old now sits out in my garage.......put aside the fact that the clutch is worn out, I could jump in it now and out-pump any modern day diesel powered electronic multi-plexed EPA fuel regulation meeting 1000GPM pumper anywhere, anytime anyplace........if only I had more than 4.5 steamers, I could do more than 1000 at draft.............But put me on a hydrant?? The sky's the limit......And the end of the throttle!

I have a DEEP appreciation of the old days......I would have LOVED to have been a Philadelphia Firefighter from about 1900-1920 or so, enough to have been able to hitch up horses AND cuss that modern gasoline en-jine powered mechanical nightmare.......LOL

But still......I have to give him a hard time......
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X