No announcement yet.

Crosslay Lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems as if you took offense to my post, I apologize for that I wasn't intentionally questioning your operations or the way your and yours. I was simply responding, in or did I question whether or not your guys know what they need for your community. So again sorry if you were offended, Take it easy sir, were all on the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by RMCMFD View Post
      It seems as if you took offense to my post, I apologize for that I wasn't intentionally questioning your operations or the way your and yours. I was simply responding, in or did I question whether or not your guys know what they need for your community. So again sorry if you were offended, Take it easy sir, were all on the same team.
      Actually go back and read your original post. You did indeed question what we do. Yes, I did take offense at your tone. We did nozzle testing, hose testing, specifically specced flows and acceptable internal piping friction losses on our engine, and we practice with this set-up so that it works smoothly and efficiently for us. We didn't just buy pretty hose and cool looking nozzles without research and testing.

By the way, there are other firefighters on here that talk about their FDs running 400 foot 1 1/2 inch pre-connects. There is a great big world out there and like you said there are 100 ways to skin a cat and not all of them may be familiar to you.
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

As I said before, I am truly sorry for being offensive, I was simply making statement, I was not in any form intentionally questioning your department. I must have miss-read your original post, I didn't realize that was in use with your department, take it for what its worth, I meant no ill will when responding.

And patronizing is not needed, I am well aware that there is a great big world out there and things are done that I have no knowledge of, I read these forums to learn, not criticize, who am I to question another department, not my intention what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by RMCMFD View Post
          As I said before, I am truly sorry for being offensive, I was simply making statement, I was not in any form intentionally questioning your department. I must have miss-read your original post, I didn't realize that was in use with your department, take it for what its worth, I meant no ill will when responding.

And patronizing is not needed, I am well aware that there is a great big world out there and things are done that I have no knowledge of, I read these forums to learn, not criticize, who am I to question another department, not my intention what so ever.
          Then let's move on.
          Crazy, but that's how it goes
          Millions of people living as foes
          Maybe it's not too late
          To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

The hose on our truck
            We run 100' of 1 3/4" off the bumper with a roll of 50' dead behind it
            Two 200' of 1 3/4" cross lays (above the pump panel)
            300' of 1 3/4" coming off the back in the hose bed.
            600' of 2 1/2" dead lay in hose bed

The 300' pre-connect is a really new thing for us about a a year and a half we have been running it. We never had the option for it before due to the older trucks layout.

We had many apartments that are 3 story and depending on where the curb was a 200' cross lay would not make it to a 3rd story apartment. So guys either had to add lengths of hose to make the stretch or use something like 2 1/2" or 3" to a high rise bundle. Its also nice just to have as an option when in doubt of the length of a stretch just pull it. Its much better to pack up an extra 100' after an attack then trying to add it before.

Our 300' is not for some shopping center or mall. We do have a mall and many large shopping centers. For that we carry 600' dead lay of 3 inch with a gated wye on the end to connect smaller attack lines.
            Last edited by Snarff; 12-11-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X