Pump formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump formula

Hey guys I got a question for you. What is the formula for converting cubic feet of water into gallons? The question came up at the station and I was drawing a blank.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Irons,

There are 7.481 gallons in one cubic foot.
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Comment

Thanks a ton. I will get that info back to him and take back my place on the top of the mountain as the guy who knows or can find out whatever you want to know.
      After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

one gallon of water consists of 231 cubic inches. one cubic foot contains 1728 cubic inches. divide 1728 by 231 and the result is how may gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by appcap1 View Post
          one gallon of water consists of 231 cubic inches. one cubic foot contains 1728 cubic inches. divide 1728 by 231 and the result is how may gallons.
          I'll stick with litres - one measurement covers it all. Especially with 1000 litres of water being one tonne...

Mind you, when we converted to metric I was one of those that had to be dragged along kicking and screaming!
          "Professional" means your attitude to the job...

Nullus Anxietas ..... (T Pratchett)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X