No announcement yet.

LDH Hose Brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got some All-American. Won't get it again. Couplings feel like they are made from aluminum foil.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

When we went to extruded 5" hose, we went with Angus Hi-Combat Lite. It's slightly heavier than their standard supply hose but tests at 225 psi rather than 200. Working pressure is 200 rather than 185. We also specify Red Head couplings. The combination has worked well for us.

Comment

We just changed to Mercedes (Highwater) 4" hose. Seems to work just fine.

Comment

We used Angus and similar hose for years with little or no problems. Worst thing would be pinholes, but no major hose breaks that I can recall. We just got all new megaflow hose, haven't had it long enough to get it dirty. Can't find any friction loss charts for it though, you'd think it would've come with the hose. Made in Canada, not USA.

Comment

The only information I can find on Mercedes Textiles Warranty is what they state as their Limited “Two Year All Hazards Warranty” . Do they provide any other type of warranty on their hose ?

Comment

Until Mercedes figures out the problem with the Megaflow sticking to itself in the hosebed, avoid it!!

Comment

We've been using it on three of our rigs for over three years now with NO issues. What is this "sticking" problem you refer to?

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                  We've been using it on three of our rigs for over three years now with NO issues. What is this "sticking" problem you refer to?
                  Evidently whoever makes the coating for the fabric 5" we just got has a problem with it sticking to itself. Most of our engines have it and have had problems laying hose. Some have had the last 300' come out of the bed in one big chunk. Not very condusive for laying a supply line. On our truck we had to pull the last 400' out flake by flake to get it out.

Comment

Odd,we haven't experienced this with ours. Some of it comes off regularly and some of it only comes off during the annual test. To date,we haven't had any sticking issues. If I have to put out much 5" I PREFER to do it with the Reel truck. Packing it back is SO much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                      Odd,we haven't experienced this with ours. Some of it comes off regularly and some of it only comes off during the annual test. To date,we haven't had any sticking issues. If I have to put out much 5" I PREFER to do it with the Reel truck. Packing it back is SO much easier.
                      Our new hose was delivered around Dec. '11. It went on the trucks in Feb.

I've only seen one dept. with a reel in this area. But that's pretty much all it can do is lay hose, it just has a 500 gpm front mount pump, which is pretty much obsolete around here. Even 1000 Gpm pumps are getting rare. Manpower is usually adequate to reload the 5", not that it sucks any less.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X