• kyspeedff
    replied
    Hmm..

Looks like an old amertex(spelling) try that

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Thehangedfrog View Post
    Thank you for catching that, I did not notice that it was articulated.. Except for that, it looked like the general chassis.. now that I see the articulation it looks more like the truck fronts that Foremost makes

http://www.foremost.ca/index_vehicles.php
    The Delta 3 series or the Chieftan Series (except Chieftan is tracked.)
    Read post numbers 19 and 20 and try to catch up.

Leave a comment:

• Thehangedfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    AMERTEK is the manufacturer of the MACI, they produced several vehicles, so calling the MACI "the Amertek" would not work. We called the two we had "Schitbox 1 and Schitbox 2." This is not a MACI, and is not manufacturer by Amertek. The MACI was not articulated.
    Thank you for catching that, I did not notice that it was articulated.. Except for that, it looked like the general chassis.. now that I see the articulation it looks more like the truck fronts that Foremost makes

http://www.foremost.ca/index_vehicles.php
    The Delta 3 series or the Chieftan Series (except Chieftan is tracked.)

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Thehangedfrog View Post
    If I am correct, this is based off of a MACI (Military Adapted Civilian something or other)..

it is also known as an AMERTEK. however, this is the first time I have seen one cut so low in the back and with a tandem.. so I am gonna guess it was reworked at some point.

http://www.nebraska.gov/app-fsp/publ...e_display/1850

Should have a pump rating plate on it, and in cab should have serial numbers (chassis numbers) stamped in many of the pieces of body frame..

If this is one , they suck..lots of problems with them.
    AMERTEK is the manufacturer of the MACI, they produced several vehicles, so calling the MACI "the Amertek" would not work. We called the two we had "Schitbox 1 and Schitbox 2." This is not a MACI, and is not manufacturer by Amertek. The MACI was not articulated.

Leave a comment:

• Thehangedfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by largeboar View Post
    Heres a picture
    If I am correct, this is based off of a MACI (Military Adapted Civilian something or other)..

it is also known as an AMERTEK. however, this is the first time I have seen one cut so low in the back and with a tandem.. so I am gonna guess it was reworked at some point.

http://www.nebraska.gov/app-fsp/publ...e_display/1850

Should have a pump rating plate on it, and in cab should have serial numbers (chassis numbers) stamped in many of the pieces of body frame..

If this is one , they suck..lots of problems with them.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Ahhhh, thanks Chief... Been away from the computer this week... Cool, he got the info needed.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    The other thread about this solved the mystery.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Looking at the pic closely I would venture to say it could be an Oshkosh, Grunmann (or however it's spelled) or an Amertek. Just a few guesses though.....

Check to see if there is a VIN # and check with your State's DMV and see if they can give you a hit. Check the (3) that I mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• FIRE117
    replied
    If you think it is an ARFF vehicle, post it on www.arff.info and maybe the arff crowd may know what it is.

Leave a comment:

• rmcatee1
    replied
    For some reason, I guess I thought we were helping someone for their own vehicle for the pleasure of having some odd piece of fire apparatus. I didn't realize we were helping out a used car lot sell a used car. grrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    This very truck can be yours today! Don't wait, bid now!

1991 International extreme wildland fire truck
    Sounds like we need a commision for our research if he sells it.

Maybe some good Canadien beer, eh?

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    This very truck can be yours today! Don't wait, bid now!

1991 International extreme wildland fire truck

Leave a comment:

• fyrfytr08
    replied
    Get a hold of the BLM office in Grand Junction. That is where a bunch of the engine guys for the region are. Someone there may know what it is and it's story. Especially if Dove Creek got it from them, that is most likely where it came out of. If not get a hold of the mechanics at Colorado State Forest Service, they might have an idea, they have had a lot of odd ball units in the past.

Leave a comment:

• largeboar
    replied
    Suprisingly it runs pretty good and it needs two new motors for the hose reels and a foam injection pump and it should be ready to go. The big air compressor and everything else seems to be fully functional. It climbs like a scalded ape and has a pretty short turning radius although with no water or weight it does slide the front axle if you turn to short.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by RxFire View Post
    Some BLM guy who wanted to get rid of it and is now retired somewhere else.
    I think more likely it was the replacement guy from BLM for the one who retired, saw this thing, and wanted to get rid of it quick before it was his responsibility!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X