X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • largeboar
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2011

What kinda truck is this?

We bought this truck to fix up and cant find any data plate or id. Has anyone seen one and if so know where. I need to find a service and operators manual. I could use any info as I'm at a brick wall and need a ladder to get over it.
    Last edited by largeboar; 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling
  • largeboar
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2011

the pictures didnt load

Heres a picture
    Attached Files

Comment

• DeputyMarshal
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by largeboar
      Heres a picture
      Who did you buy it from? Didn't they supply you with any kind of title documentation?
      "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
      sigpic
      The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

• mcwops
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2010

Never seen one before, nor could I find anything like it with Google. My guess would be an ARFF truck, based on the color. Or perhaps an offroad wildland truck.

Comment

• DeputyMarshal
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by mcwops
          Never seen one before, nor could I find anything like it with Google. My guess would be an ARFF truck, based on the color. Or perhaps an offroad wildland truck.
          I'd go with an International based ARFF but anything beyond that is a cr@pshoot.
          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
          sigpic
          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

• FWDbuff
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by largeboar
            We bought this truck to fix up and cant find any data plate or id. Has anyone seen one and if so know where. I need to find a service and operators manual. I could use any info as I'm at a brick wall and need a ladder to get over it.
            Ummm, call me silly here, but why in the hell would you buy a truck with absolutely no knowledge of what it is or who manufactured it????

My guess is a combination ARFF/Structural unit. Looks too new to be a Walter chassis. Does not appear to be an Oshkosh. Looks similar to units used in the antarctic or other regions with extremely heavy snows. Check with those manufacturers.
            Last edited by FWDbuff; 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM.
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

• LVFD301
              MembersZone Subscriber
              • Jun 2006

Ok, so tell us the REAL story. Nobody would buy it and not know what it is. It sits at this lot and looks like it would be kewl,so you are asking about it?

Anyways, it is an International cab. Look at the door handle.

Comment

• chiefengineer11
                Forum Member
                • May 2006

Did International ever build anything with articulated steering?

Comment

• ChiefKN
                  Back In Black
                  • Feb 2003

I'm thinking ex-military? Maybe not ours?
                  I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• LVFD301
                    MembersZone Subscriber
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by chiefengineer11
                    Did International ever build anything with articulated steering?

I am not sure. It is clearly an IH door handle, but much of it looks like sort of an experiment. The place where it is sitting does some fancy off road equipment, so perhaps they are the original poster.

Nowhere does the OP state it is a fire department, so this may be a project for them, or it may be something they put together.

Comment

• mcwops
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ChiefKN
                      I'm thinking ex-military? Maybe not ours?
                      I could go along with it being a foreign job, other than it looks a lot bigger than a lot of foreign equipment usually is. There used to be a website that profiled every type of ARFF truck the USAF ever had, and I don't recall seeing anything articulated like this one.

Maybe it is a one-off or prototype. Also, for being an ARFF truck I see no turrets, although they could have been removed at some point.

Comment

• mcwops
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2010

Ok, found this site. http://www.dodfire.com/ I went through the entire site, looked at every picture of every truck and didn't see this truck. However I did find a photo of an articulating truck built on a Cat dirt mover style body.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• LVFD301
                          MembersZone Subscriber
                          • Jun 2006

is the other thread on this.

Comment

• LVFD301
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Jun 2006

To me, the lack of turrets, what appears to be the lack of a pump engine, (at least a LARGE pump engine) and the overall size, I don't think it is is ARFF.

With a smaller engine for a pump I could see a wildland rig. Maybe something from SVI there in CO.

But just looking at the front, something cries out to me, SNOW. I know, no tracks, but it just looks like the front end of something you would see going through a snowbank.

Comment

• FWDbuff
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mcwops
                              Ok, found this site. http://www.dodfire.com/ I went through the entire site, looked at every picture of every truck and didn't see this truck. However I did find a photo of an articulating truck built on a Cat dirt mover style body.
                              Cat built quite a few specialized articulated chassis like this for ARFF rigs, entirely for civilian airports (none were used by the Military that I am familiar with.) The NY/NJ Port Authority had several of them at Newark, Laguardia and JFK airports.
                              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...