• Show
Clear All

• mtg55
    replied
    Hahahaha, thats too much.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    I wont say anything ..............thats AWESOME .............. I DID NOT KNOW it could be re-wound !

Leave a comment:

• hinesfire
    replied
    We will be clarifying our SOG on this procedure at next weeks training. Dang, I think we have been doing this wrong all this time.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    I stand by my statement. And if you are a union department, you BETTER use the right tool. I heard that my old buddy Schaitberger even has put out a memo about it.

Leave a comment:

• SFD_E73_RET
    replied
    A leatherman tool can be used in a pinch too.

Leave a comment:

• WBFD25
    replied
    Wow, I've been winding ours the wrong direction this entire time. We've actually got a tuck-point trowel that we've always used to reach the vanes.

Leave a comment:

• chiefengineer11
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    A left hand ball pein hammer, along with a left hand long slim slotted screwdriver and some azimuth grease works a hold lot better than the butter knife! Don't forget to use some timing oil on the shaft!

And a snipe on the bow to stand mail buoy watch.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    A left hand ball pein hammer, along with a left hand long slim slotted screwdriver and some azimuth grease works a hold lot better than the butter knife! Don't forget to use some timing oil on the shaft!

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    WTH???? A flat head pocket screwdriver has worked, like, FOREVER!!!!! Cheaper too.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• Chenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    How to properly rewind a Q. I don't advocate using the butter knife, I would only use the Federal tool for rewinding, the part number is AL-BR549

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGunKUejYU

PLEASE be careful using the wrong tool.
    I agree on using the proper tool. I mean, the butter knife/screwdriver etc WORKS, but given the proper tool, it's much simper, and there's less of a chance of damaging anything.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    started a topic Rewinding a Q siren video

Rewinding a Q siren video

How to properly rewind a Q. I don't advocate using the butter knife, I would only use the Federal tool for rewinding, the part number is AL-BR549

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGunKUejYU

PLEASE be careful using the wrong tool.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X