X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute
    LOL, I've had the same problem before. Actually, I think I lost yours when my computer crashed a couple of months ago. I got the idea that I'd download all my contacts back into Outlook via my phone. What happened was that my phone downloaded my Outlook contacts, which was empty.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by rm1524 View Post
    Catch -

Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.
    They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    Catch -

Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Depending on what you're looking at, there's several tanker builders out there. If you're wanting one with a traditional-style body, then you may still be looking at the traditional builders.

One thing a rep from one of the "big boys" in apparatus told me when we were speccing our quick-attack was that the "big boys" are good at the aerials and pumpers, but they're usually going to be higher and put less energy into the tankers and quick-attacks. The reason he told me is because they do so many of the others, it requires them to change their lines up a bit to do anything else. Made sense to me.

When we did our pumper-tanker, it was actually a fluke that we got the full pumper-style body. We were originally looking at a wetside tanker and happened to find a couple of manufacturers that could pull of the pumper body.

Some of the ones we looked at were Midwest (while I was playing around on their site a bit ago, I noticed a map that shows tankers they have out there. Ava and Theodosia both have one), SEMO, Southern, and a couple I don't remember. I know there's several good manufacturers out there that will build a quality tanker and probably do it for less than some of the bigger names.

If you make it over here, I still have several of the specs and bids filed away. They're from '05, but they should give you some kind of idea where you might be. We did stay under $200K at the time, but I don't know what emissions and all that would have done to the cost by now.

Didn't McNeill get a tanker recently?

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Is SEMO still in buisness ?
    They're website is still up.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.
    I was surprised that they became a Ferrara dealer. Only thing I can say is call them again.

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    Is SEMO still in buisness ?

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    LV - Sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Ah, I remember now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, once again I wonder if the money will do it.

I sent Rosenbaur a message, not sure who their dealer is now over here, but sent it to corporate asking if they would be interested in bidding - 3 weeks later no reply.

I will let you know soon on this week.
    It's probably one of three. Max Fire Apparatus, Franco Fire Equipment, or Towers Fire Apparatus. We're in Max's, but I don't know how far they go your direction.

I'll share with you my experience off of here.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by rm1524 View Post
    LV -

Are looking for a tanker or a pumper/tanker.
    Tanker.

minimum needs of less than 28 feet long, NFPA specs, 500 gpm pump.

And White over blue... LOL

2000 gallon or so. (I don't figure I can get more than 2000 and stay that short)

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    LV -

Are looking for a tanker or a pumper/tanker.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Ah, I remember now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, once again I wonder if the money will do it.

I sent Rosenbaur a message, not sure who their dealer is now over here, but sent it to corporate asking if they would be interested in bidding - 3 weeks later no reply.

I will let you know soon on this week.

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    That would be great - where did you get yours from?

If you are going to be at the station Wednesday or Thursday evening I would bring a couple of my guys by to look.
    I can make myself available to be if you want to make the run. I should be off both days.

It's a Rosenbauer.

There's a picture on the "Show us what you got w/ your grant" thread, but it doesn't show the rear. However, a few posts below you'll see Mitchkrat's rig, which is a sister. The rear tank fill on his has a different valve, but is in the same position and looks close to the same size.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by Catch22 View Post

I'll try to remember to get a picture of ours and send to you. I just have to find time to get to the station to do so, or at least peruse pictures on my hard drive.
    That would be great - where did you get yours from?

If you are going to be at the station Wednesday or Thursday evening I would bring a couple of my guys by to look.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X