Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Fill valve

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Catch22 View Post

    I'll try to remember to get a picture of ours and send to you. I just have to find time to get to the station to do so, or at least peruse pictures on my hard drive.
    That would be great - where did you get yours from?

    If you are going to be at the station Wednesday or Thursday evening I would bring a couple of my guys by to look.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
      That would be great - where did you get yours from?

      If you are going to be at the station Wednesday or Thursday evening I would bring a couple of my guys by to look.
      I can make myself available to be if you want to make the run. I should be off both days.

      It's a Rosenbauer.

      There's a picture on the "Show us what you got w/ your grant" thread, but it doesn't show the rear. However, a few posts below you'll see Mitchkrat's rig, which is a sister. The rear tank fill on his has a different valve, but is in the same position and looks close to the same size.

      Comment


      • #18
        Ah, I remember now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, once again I wonder if the money will do it.

        I sent Rosenbaur a message, not sure who their dealer is now over here, but sent it to corporate asking if they would be interested in bidding - 3 weeks later no reply.

        I will let you know soon on this week.

        Comment


        • #19
          LV -

          Are looking for a tanker or a pumper/tanker.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by rm1524 View Post
            LV -

            Are looking for a tanker or a pumper/tanker.
            Tanker.

            minimum needs of less than 28 feet long, NFPA specs, 500 gpm pump.

            And White over blue... LOL

            2000 gallon or so. (I don't figure I can get more than 2000 and stay that short)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
              Ah, I remember now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, once again I wonder if the money will do it.

              I sent Rosenbaur a message, not sure who their dealer is now over here, but sent it to corporate asking if they would be interested in bidding - 3 weeks later no reply.

              I will let you know soon on this week.
              It's probably one of three. Max Fire Apparatus, Franco Fire Equipment, or Towers Fire Apparatus. We're in Max's, but I don't know how far they go your direction.

              I'll share with you my experience off of here.

              Comment


              • #22
                LV - Sent you a PM

                Comment


                • #23
                  I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

                  I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

                  Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Is SEMO still in buisness ?
                    ?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                      I thought it was Franco - but when I used the corporate web site dealer finder it gave me a corporate sales contact.

                      I even asked a company in Springfield if they were interested - you can guess who. No reply.

                      Thats fine of course, lots of other interest, but I was interested in seeing a Ferrara product. Guess that will not happen.
                      I was surprised that they became a Ferrara dealer. Only thing I can say is call them again.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Depending on what you're looking at, there's several tanker builders out there. If you're wanting one with a traditional-style body, then you may still be looking at the traditional builders.

                        One thing a rep from one of the "big boys" in apparatus told me when we were speccing our quick-attack was that the "big boys" are good at the aerials and pumpers, but they're usually going to be higher and put less energy into the tankers and quick-attacks. The reason he told me is because they do so many of the others, it requires them to change their lines up a bit to do anything else. Made sense to me.

                        When we did our pumper-tanker, it was actually a fluke that we got the full pumper-style body. We were originally looking at a wetside tanker and happened to find a couple of manufacturers that could pull of the pumper body.

                        Some of the ones we looked at were Midwest (while I was playing around on their site a bit ago, I noticed a map that shows tankers they have out there. Ava and Theodosia both have one), SEMO, Southern, and a couple I don't remember. I know there's several good manufacturers out there that will build a quality tanker and probably do it for less than some of the bigger names.

                        If you make it over here, I still have several of the specs and bids filed away. They're from '05, but they should give you some kind of idea where you might be. We did stay under $200K at the time, but I don't know what emissions and all that would have done to the cost by now.

                        Didn't McNeill get a tanker recently?

                        Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
                        Is SEMO still in buisness ?
                        They're website is still up.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Catch -

                          Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rm1524 View Post
                            Catch -

                            Is Tower's still selling trucks? I thought they that was selling equipment only.
                            They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                              They are now a Rosenbauer dealer. For whatever reason, they dropped Crimson.

                              I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                                I went to call you this morning, only to find I can't find your number. Email enroute
                                LOL, I've had the same problem before. Actually, I think I lost yours when my computer crashed a couple of months ago. I got the idea that I'd download all my contacts back into Outlook via my phone. What happened was that my phone downloaded my Outlook contacts, which was empty.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X