Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue101
    replied
    Sometimes it's BETTER NOT knowing,Hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• RFDACM02
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Didn't come down though, did it? T.C.
    As I said, we didn't know a thing until we downloaded the pics!

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Didn't come down though, did it? T.C.

Leave a comment:

• RFDACM02
    replied
    Funny the most secure aerial I've been up in/on was an Aerialscope. Like being in a tank 95' up. After an afternoon of flying and taking pics of a possible used scope we were going to buy, we travelled home and upon downloading our pics there were a few showing us flying the bucket off one side and enough room to drive a VW beetle under the outboard jack

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    Pirsch? Seriously the scariest ladders I have ever climbed. I was on a volly FD that got a BRAND NEW Pirsch 100 foot aerial and the first time I saw it raised it extended out to 100 feet and twisted between an 8th and a 16th of a turn to the left. When you climbed it it bounced 2 or 3 feet at the tip if unsupported. I would say it was a fluke except we had a 110 foot Pirsch on my career job that was just as scary.

I would much rather climb our 105 foot HME/3-D/AI than any Pirsch ladder I ever saw. I have climbed ALF Ladders, Seagrave Ladders, and a Pierce Ladder and never felt that anxiousness about the ladder that I did with the Pirsch's.
    Flexible Flyer,hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by firepundit View Post
    Coward? You are reduced to name calling?

What a man.
    Obviously you don't know who he is or what he stands for. Coward is being nice.

Leave a comment:

• firepundit
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Did you predict I would respond by saying that I would rather be predictable than a coward?
    Coward? You are reduced to name calling?

What a man.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I figured you would take the open shot.

You are nothing if not predictable.
    Did you predict I would respond by saying that I would rather be predictable than a coward?

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Ok. You are an idiot.
    I figured you would take the open shot.

You are nothing if not predictable.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Ok. You are an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Call me an idiot, but it was somebody's ladder on a Mack CF chassis.

At that point in my career I will be honest, it really didn't matter who made the ladder as long as it would get me where I needed to go without a bad thing happening.

(Note: It was a mutual aid truck company that we ran quite freuently with, not my department's ladder)

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief1FF View Post
    Don't forget that Mack used LTI for there Bulldog Ladders!!!
    You sir are correct, and I hang my head in total shame for not remembering that! I may very well lose my secret decoder ring in the Mack Club over this gaff.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by nameless View Post
    whats wrong with Peter Pirsch? Those aerials ran a good deal of fire in cities across the country.
    Dude...You like them you can climb them.

I never saw one, including brand new, that didn't have a twist in it. Add to that the fact that they bounced between 2 and 3 feet unsupported...NO THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Chief1FF
    replied
    FWD you wouldn't be referring to the fact that Mack NEVER built their own ladders would you? I have seen Macks with ALF ladders, Maxim ladders, and (SHUDDER!!) even Pirsch ladders on them. But I have never seen a Mack straight stick aerial.

I suppose some may try to say the Aerialscope was a Mack tower ladder but that was really a Baker tower mounted exclusively, at one point anyways, on Mack chassis.
    Don't forget that Mack used LTI for there Bulldog Ladders!!!

Leave a comment:

• nameless
    replied
    FWD you wouldn't be referring to the fact that Mack NEVER built their own ladders would you? I have seen Macks with ALF ladders, Maxim ladders, and (SHUDDER!!) even Pirsch ladders on them. But I have never seen a Mack straight stick aerial.

whats wrong with Peter Pirsch? Those aerials ran a good deal of fire in cities across the country.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X