Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.C.-FireMech, all you other motorheads and Tow Truck Nuts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T.C.-FireMech, all you other motorheads and Tow Truck Nuts...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reatr...layer_embedded
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  • #2
    Who's the jackwagon in charge of that operation???

    Don't know about there, but here that is illegal as all hell.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Originally posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep that would get you "put in the pink" or an e-citation very quick around here. What a bunch of dumb arses.
      Stay Safe
      Bull


      “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

      Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

      Comment


      • #4
        holy crap.....wonder who 'authorized' that tow?!

        Comment


        • #5
          Who cares about the legalities???? I posted it 'cause it's cool as hell!!!!! That tow truck is puttin a LOT of ponies to work!!!!!!!
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

          Comment


          • #6
            I would like to have the towing wrecker!!

            Where were the cops for traffic control???
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

            Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

            Comment


            • #7
              The tow truck is owned by Rob's Towing down in Bristol. They refer to the truck as "Megatron", appropriatly enough
              Matt G.
              Battalion Chief
              IACOJ-Member
              FTM-PTB

              Comment


              • #8
                wow - checked out their web site...they even advertise their big rig for towing fire apparatus! ...
                Wheel Lift Towing for the modern vehicles with 174" reach. Excellent for all types of tour buses and fire apparatus.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yup, lol. I can't count how many fd vehicles they've towed out of the apartment courtyards
                  Matt G.
                  Battalion Chief
                  IACOJ-Member
                  FTM-PTB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mtg55 View Post
                    Yup, lol. I can't count how many fd vehicles they've towed out of the apartment courtyards
                    And how many were beached by you? Or your old man????
                    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pasobuff
                      wow - checked out their web site...they even advertise their big rig for towing fire apparatus! ...
                      We have a company that has 3 of these "Megatrons" that does our towing. As well, they have a roll back trailer for those that can't be lifted by the hook.

                      FM1

                      EDIT: @ FWD, my first impression was that was one helluva load to be towing.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by FIREMECH1; 10-27-2010, 03:10 AM. Reason: clarification for FWD. LOL
                      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

                      Originally posted by EastKyFF
                      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yep. We've used Rob's quite a bit. Both for breakdowns and pulling us out of the courtyards. Sometimes we paid a price getting the best position on the fireground for the tower ladder. In the past, I've been the one driving the rig and getting it stuck (mtg55's father was Chief and ordered me in. haha) and I've been the Chief doing the ordering.
                        They are really good to the fire service, however I really don't know what they were thinking in the video.
                        Last edited by Tower Dog 14; 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tower Dog 14 View Post
                          Yep. We've used Rob's quite a bit. Both for breakdowns and pulling us out of the courtyards. Sometimes we paid a price getting the best position on the fireground for the tower ladder. In the past, I've been the one driving the rig and getting it stuck (mtg55's father was Chief and ordered me in. haha) and I've been the Chief doing the ordering.
                          They are really good to the fire service, however I really don't know what they were thinking in the video.
                          This isn't HMcG is it????????
                          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nice hook!
                            What I can't figure out is why the original heavy hauler had 12 axels under the drill rig.
                            PA must have some really screwy bridge laws. Around here that would only have six axels under it. Thats small compared to a lot of the logging equipment used in the woods here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              FWD - No, I was Chief after mtg55's father through most of the 90's.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X