Bracket scuffing the scbas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket scuffing the scbas

A while back my department decided to go with the bostrom secure all brackets in our new truck. But I've noticed that our bottles are getting a lot more scuffed up now from the guys smacking them against the bracket to get the thing to close. I've had to take a few of them out of service.

Anybody else have this problem? Anything that works to protect the bottles more? I've told the guys to chill out with putting the bottles back but sometimes it doesn't wanna lock unless you really push it hard

Thanks

Originally posted by Bill.Eversall View Post
    A while back my department decided to go with the bostrom secure all brackets in our new truck. But I've noticed that our bottles are getting a lot more scuffed up now from the guys smacking them against the bracket to get the thing to close. I've had to take a few of them out of service.

Anybody else have this problem? Anything that works to protect the bottles more? I've told the guys to chill out with putting the bottles back but sometimes it doesn't wanna lock unless you really push it hard

Thanks
    Scott has protective endcaps for 45min cylinders. Go to http://www.scotthealthsafety.com/ame...hcylinder.aspx

And download the flyer.

Comment

Have you tried readjusting the upper bracket to hold and secure the SCBA bottles??? They are adjustable to a degree. If you still can't get them adjusted correctly, they have a modified upper mount that will allow you to adjust the height with a locking rolling tab. We had to use the modified upper mounts, and they work like a charm. Just a little push, and the cover comes down, and locks them. Haven't seen or heard of an issue of scuffing the bottles.

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X