restraint of equipment in cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restraint of equipment in cab

As most of us know just about everything has to be tied down in the crew area. what is the chapter and verse on that in 1901? also is there an OSHA reference for this. I am trying to make things a little safer at my other job.

Sections 14.1.10 (SCBA) and 14.1.11 (tools), both adopted in the 2004 edition of NPFA 1901, require brackets capable of withstanding 9G's of force for all items mounted within the cab.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

including do not store on the dash

Comment

thanks folks, the village has pickup trucks with a couple of pelican cases riding the front seat and the troops are seat belting them in the seat. A couple of the neckties don't want the seat belts used for that.

Comment

put them on the floor?

Comment

We had a deputy locally get seriously injured when he rolled his car. He would have been fine likely but his laptop and other equipment tumbling around in the car made things much worse, so putting equipment on the floor really isn't a solution.
            If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by getasupply View Post
              thanks folks, the village has pickup trucks with a couple of pelican cases riding the front seat and the troops are seat belting them in the seat. A couple of the neckties don't want the seat belts used for that.
              Seatbelts might help in a minor crash, but they won't do much in a major crash or roll over. But Pelican cases won't hurt the seatbelts. Tell the neckties to ante up for some kind of stowage system.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X