E-One Replacement Compartment Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-One Replacement Compartment Door

Had one of my drivers drive out with a compartment door open, snagged it on the building....

Bent up 2 garage/bay doors and trashed a 29"x49" compartment door on the engine.

We are able to repair the building damage with minimal cost but am not sure how to go about replacing the compartment door.

Any suggestions...

Call E one with serial number of truck they should have blueprint on file for what size door and order one.

Comment

Stupid me, I did the same thing when our truck was very new. Manufacturer sent a perfect fit, as noted above.

Wasn't cheap. Took a while to live that one down.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hence the reason to buy roll ups. :-]

I think that at one time everyone with hinged doors has done the same thing.
        Had a nearby dept do that and took out the center masonry pillar between the bays. Dropped both doors on top of the trucks.

Other wise do what dashman suggested call E-one and your insurance company.

Comment

E-Ones work with SO (shop order) numbers, so you will need that more than the serial number for a replacement door.

As islandfire03 said, next time spec what doesn't hit buildings, ROM roll-up doors. hehe

FM1
          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

FireMech, didn't this thread remind you of discussion we had recently about this very subject?
            Career Fire Captain
            Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

I thought that's what the big red light in the center of the dash overhead was for?

E-One can supply a replacement door with either the SO number or the VIN number. Both on the label on the drivers door post.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
                FireMech, didn't this thread remind you of discussion we had recently about this very subject?
                Yeah, I had to chuckle alittle bit when I read the OP's post. Wondering where the Pro-hinged, anti-ROM door guys are???

Well...... I'm waiting.......

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                  Yeah, I had to chuckle alittle bit when I read the OP's post. Wondering where the Pro-hinged, anti-ROM door guys are???

Well...... I'm waiting.......

FM1
                  Indianapolis, right now. Back to OMA tomorrow night, and right on to Carroll, Ia. Thanks again for a super get-together, short as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
                    Indianapolis, right now. Back to OMA tomorrow night, and right on to Carroll, Ia. Thanks again for a super get-together, short as it was.
                    Why would they go there??? Obviously they don't learn anything there.

Got with some "people" today. I won't have any more problems with Central. hehe

Even though your visit was short, I hope you enjoyed yourself, as I did.

FM1

Comment

Originally posted by slackett66 View Post

Had one of my drivers drive out with a compartment door open, snagged it on the building....

Bent up 2 garage/bay doors and trashed a 29"x49" compartment door on the engine.

We are able to repair the building damage with minimal cost but am not sure how to go about replacing the compartment door.

Any suggestions...
                      Be ready to "pay through the nose". We had a door on our tanker get hit by MA Dept. couple of years back and it was not a "cheap" fix. E-One does great work but they are awful proud of their product!
                      Stay Safe
                      Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                        Why would they go there??? Obviously they don't learn anything there.

Got with some "people" today. I won't have any more problems with Central. hehe

Even though your visit was short, I hope you enjoyed yourself, as I did.

FM1
                        Sorry, I didn't say it more clearly. You asked where the people who like swing doors were. I answered with where one of them was (me).

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
                          Sorry, I didn't say it more clearly. You asked where the people who like swing doors were. I answered with where one of them was (me).
                          And now it comes full circle. LOL

FM1

Comment

Originally posted by donethat View Post
                            I thought that's what the big red light in the center of the dash overhead was for?

E-One can supply a replacement door with either the SO number or the VIN number. Both on the label on the drivers door post.
                            I just climbed into another of my department's engines to swap thermal imagers for service, and noticed the red lens and light bulb for their compartment open light sitting on the doghouse...

At least it has roll-ups...
                            "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X