Question about blue light response in pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about blue light response in pa

In, pennsylvania, can a member of a emergency management team with evoc training use a Blue light to respond to an emergency at their specific site?

If you are talking about an EM Team for private industry, the answer is NO. That said, if said business has a LEGIT Fire Brigade with apparatus, manpower and such, then as an EM, you may fall into the Emergency Vehicle Category, and possibly use Red Lights/audible.

Would need more info into what exactly is the EM Team for.
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

The only thing having a blue light on your car means is that you have a blue light on your car!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
        The only thing having a blue light on your car means is that you have a blue light on your car!
        They could also be compensating for a small penis.
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
          That might be what he has and the light may make it grow, NOT!
          OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
          343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

Love these threads...
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Bahahahahaha! OMG Yardo thats good stuff. As stated before, Private fire protection (i.e. Industrial) may not use any warning devices in a personal vehicle to respond to site for an emergency. If its for a government EMA, I believe the answer remains the same. Again, we would need to know what kind of EM, public or private, you are referring to. Having/using a blue light for purposes such as this is not practical or responsible (nothing against your character/inteligence). Plus, your agency may not allow it regardless. Mine prohibits it.
              Matt G.
              Battalion Chief
              IACOJ-Member
              FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by stang8uup View Post
                In, pennsylvania, can a member of a emergency management team with evoc training use a Blue light to respond to an emergency at their specific site?
                Read this. It will answer all questions on blue and red light laws in PA.

http://www.ycfp.org/redblue.html#t75

Comment

Putting on Kelvar and a welders helmet, incoming most any time!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by stang8uup View Post
                    Only while passing a school bus discharging children....

Comment

i live in AL. A blue light is not acceptable at all unless you are law enforcement and you're vehicle is set up and certified as an emergency response vehicle. on the fire part, same laws. but lots of vol. guys have them. we tell them the only way to use the red light is once you're on scene and parked but def. not while en route. if a mva occurs with that light on, it could possibly fall back on your department.

Comment

It's bad enough that the same, pointless, stupid blue light questions get asked on here week after week, but now you have to come on here and violate the terms of service??

REPORTED!

Comment

It's bad enough that the same, pointless, stupid blue light questions get asked on here week after week, but now you have to come on here and violate the terms of service??

REPORTED!
                          Sam said you weren't too quick sometimes. But damn, you posted 6 months ago on this.

Yepper, I'm ROTFLMAO. hehe

FM1
                          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                            Sam said you weren't too quick sometimes. But damn, you posted 6 months ago on this.

Yepper, I'm ROTFLMAO. hehe

FM1
                            I just love how these kids all post more about blue lights "oooooo which one should I buy" (rub rub rub rub squirt) oooooooo what control panel should I use (rub rub rub rub squirt) what are the blue light laws in Pennsylvania (rub rub rub rub squirt.....) when they should be more concerned that later this week the Pennsylvania Senate will most likely vote to gut the residential sprinkler requirements for all new construction, thus signing a death warrant for more civilians and potentially firefighters......

Oh, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree. "Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black!"
                            Last edited by FWDbuff; 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I'll repeat what I've said before here and many other places: The only thing having a blue light on your car means is that you have a blue light on your car.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X