No announcement yet.

US firetrucks and use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the single biggest difference is that none of the trucks in the US are equiped with WHITE flags

Comment

Originally posted by eagle5473
      I think the single biggest difference is that none of the trucks in the US are equiped with WHITE flags
      And you can consider yourself an arse. (That's *****, if you need help)

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Posted by FWDBuff
        In the North, ambulances are usually called "Medic" unit, Ambulance, or Punishment.
        You forgot Bone Box and Gut Wagon....
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by eagle5473 View Post
          If it were not for the intervention of the French in the Revolutionary war.... you'd be singing "God Save the Queen" instead of the National Anthem...
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
            Ground ladders are frequently used in the U.S. In many parts of the country, especially in old cities, ground ladders may be used more than aerial ladders. Even on aerial ladder trucks where many ground ladders are carried, you will often see the ground ladders off and in use, and the "main" or "stick" or "bucket" still bedded. Boston, Massachusetts Fire Department is renowned for their use extensive use of ground ladders. Many cities and towns in New England follow their example.

The term "portable ladder" is common here, too.

There is a web site, www.phillyfirenews.com which is about fires and fire department news in Phildelphia, Pennsylvania; Camden, New Jersey and the surrounding areas of southeast Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. They often show pictures of fires in the area where you may see many examples of ground ladder placement and use.
            I have a pic of some of Boston's ladder work... I just have to find the right file...
            Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 09-26-2010, 09:41 AM.
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
              I have a pic of some of Boston's ladder work... I just have to find the right file...
              Boston is, of course, renowned for their ground ladder work. Is there a web site similar to Philly Fire News in the Boston area? It would make for some fascinating reading. If you think Phila. area firefighters have opinions.....

Comment

If it were not for the intervention of the French in the Revolutionary war.... you'd be singing "God Save the Queen" instead of the National Anthem...
                And if it weren't for us, they would be eating brats, wearing lederhosen, and goose stepping.
                "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo
                  You forgot Bone Box and Gut Wagon....
                  After a drunk locked himself inside a Med Unit at the Cox Classic, I call them Puke Boxes. The SOB puked on the door I was trying to open, and got me as well.

@ FWD, well played.

FM1
                  I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                  "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

You are correct. We now sing our National anthem to the tune of a British drinking song.
                    I'll drink to that!

Comment

hello

with your help and good tips, I have made a educational and informative game about firefighters.

Now I try to add it more interventions.

the new post : Post

Thanks for your last help

best regards

Comment

If you are still looking for a US Truck showing the ground ladders, look below at this one I posted.

This was once a front line truck, sold to a collector in England!!
                        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Who is the guy sleeping on the tailboard?

Comment

Originally posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
                            We refer to ladders that are carried and raised by hand as "ground ladders." They range in length from 10 feet to 50 feet (3 to 15 metres). Common lengths are 14 feet (4.25 metres), 24 feet (7.3 metres), 28 feet (8.5 metres) and 35 feet (10.7 metres). Ladders longer than 20 feet usually are in two or three sections, called flies.

Engines usually carry a complement of ground ladders totalling 11 or 12 meters, although they may carry more. The engines in my department carry approximately 30 metres of ground ladders.

Aerial ladder trucks usually carry more ground ladders, as much as 65 metres, in addition to the aerial device.

FWDbuff dislikes European aerial ladder trucks (Metz, especially) because they usually do not carry many ground ladders. His reference to sauerkraut is to the distinctly German dish made from cabbage.
                            Plus the Dumbass can't speak Kraut. Hence his misunderstanding of a FINE European ladder. Hehe T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X