Seagrave Marauder 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomwnh View Post
    I was told by a reliable source that Seagrave is no longer using RK aerials.
    If so, that would have to be a very recent development.

Comment

RK gone?

Would this have anything to do with the new towers for FDNY? Would anything developed the for that order be applicable as a replacement?

Comment

My insider sources told me about two months ago the business relations between Seagrave and RK were not good.

C6

Comment

M Ii

Seagrave has been trying to let RK go for some time... They want to make sure they have it right. The Aerial shop is evolving somewhat since the addition and the aquisition of Aerialscope. As for the aluminum issue, I think everyone seems to be over it for the most part. Like the CEO says..."Why would you put your tools and equipment in a steel body and your personnel in an aluminum cab?"
          "If it's stupid but it works... It ain't stupid."
          Murphy's law of combat

Comment

Originally posted by Command6 View Post
            My insider sources told me about two months ago the business relations between Seagrave and RK were not good.

C6
            I love insider sources! If that is true, then I think that Darley would be one of the last non-Rosenbauer manufacturers to use RK.
            I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Does anyone have both a Maurauder I and a MarauderII together? They changed the cab configuration making the rear cab doors larger, and the area behind the crew cab doors (and compt) smaller on the XLFD. I assume this was for the 007 engine specs. Rear legroom seems smaller, and i've only seen forward facing flip-down type seats in the rear. It was one of the larger cabs, not so sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by firepiper1 View Post
                I love insider sources! If that is true, then I think that Darley would be one of the last non-Rosenbauer manufacturers to use RK.
                Piper,

Just suffice to say my insider source gets a regular paycheck from Seagrave, and I expect that this person to be "in the know".

I believe Toyne still uses RK: http://www.toyne.com/page.asp_Q_navigationid_E_49

C6

Comment

RK Ladders ?

Is Seagrave building there own rear mount & midmount platforms now. There web site offers no platforms, only the Aerialscope ?

Comment

My sources tell me that the RK aerials are no longer being used. To date Seagrave is going to finish up any current orders and discontinue the line. I am hoping they will design their own rear mounts and midmounts like they should have done in the first place. Going to another manufacturer was another Hebe move. Seagrave has always been a manufacturer that has built their own high quality ladders and that is where it should stay. I believe they will, but for now there is no offering from Seagrave for the mid mounts and rear mount platforms. I am not sure if this was a good seller anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1truckie View Post
                      My sources tell me that the RK aerials are no longer being used. To date Seagrave is going to finish up any current orders and discontinue the line. I am hoping they will design their own rear mounts and midmounts like they should have done in the first place. Going to another manufacturer was another Hebe move. Seagrave has always been a manufacturer that has built their own high quality ladders and that is where it should stay. I believe they will, but for now there is no offering from Seagrave for the mid mounts and rear mount platforms. I am not sure if this was a good seller anyway.
                      Seagrave builds very good aerial ladders, the 75' Meanstick & 100' Force, and also the " AERIALSCOPE ". So they sould design & build there own 75'- 100' midmount & rearmount platforms !...
                      Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM. Reason: " NO TOWERMAX " ?

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                        Seagrave builds very good aerial ladders, the 75' Meanstick & 100' Force, and also the " AERIALSCOPE ". So they sould design & build there own 75'- 100' midmount & rearmount platforms !...
                        I agree Jersey. Seagrave has always built a good straight stick. It seems to me a natural progression would be to offer a mid-mount and rear mount platform.

Could it be that a rear mount aerial ladder platform would be viewed as too close in design to the Aerialscope?

Didn't Seagrave introduce the first hydraulically controlled aerial ladder? Oh well that's ancient history.

C6

Comment

Seagrave Fire Apparatus, LLC

Maybe now with there " CEO " resigning they will bring in someone with fresh new ideas on building fire trucks for 2008 and offer more products to compete with Pierce , ALF/LTI , E-One, Sutphen , Kme, Etc !...

Comment

Seagrave has the market cornered with the Steel cab. No one else is making the steel cabs,except the Spartan Fusion(no comparisons). The new Marauder 2 has improved from the Marauder.

Comment

Originally posted by apb2148 View Post
                              Seagrave has the market cornered with the Steel cab. No one else is making the steel cabs,except the Spartan Fusion(no comparisons). The new Marauder 2 has improved from the Marauder.
                              I have looked at and sat in the cab of the new Seagrave Marauder II it is a very well built soild chassis cab. The only other cab that I like is the Pierce Arrow XT!..
                              Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 11-30-2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                                Is Seagrave building there own rear mount & midmount platforms now. There web site offers no platforms, only the Aerialscope ?
                                FWD/Seagrave owns Aerialscope...
                                "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X