Seagrave Marauder 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagrave Marauder 2

Is the Marauder 2 cab offered in aluminum construction? The Marauder was offered in aluminum, steel, and stainless but I haven't saw any options other than stainless with the new cab.

Since we are in the process of Specing a new engine, I believe that the Marauder2 is only stainless and Seagraves Attacker is the Aluminum chassis. At least that is what our dealer states and the information I have received from him. We have a Seagrave Stainless Steel Apollo105ft platform that is 10 years old and I must say that it is the best vehicle in our fleet as far as driving and quality of construction. They don't make it anymore but the dealer said it might be coming back. We had problems at first and Seagrave has gone through a couple different dealers in the area since we got ours but they have a new dealer covering us now.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hey FiredogOH

Wow, you have a Seagrave Apollo and you LIKE it? That's something in itself. We have one here and it's the biggest POS. It's also about 10 years old but acts like it's 30 years old! Trying to get it serviced (which is often) is quite fun, as even the manufacturer can't figure some things out. They had to fly a guy in from Wisconson once to try and diagnose a problem and he left scratching his head. I guess that's what happens when you buy "new and improved", as it was marketed when we bought it. Now I know why they only built 7 or 8.....

Comment

Originally posted by LtSuperG View Post
        Wow, you have a Seagrave Apollo and you LIKE it? That's something in itself. We have one here and it's the biggest POS. It's also about 10 years old but acts like it's 30 years old! Trying to get it serviced (which is often) is quite fun, as even the manufacturer can't figure some things out. They had to fly a guy in from Wisconson once to try and diagnose a problem and he left scratching his head. I guess that's what happens when you buy "new and improved", as it was marketed when we bought it. Now I know why they only built 7 or 8.....
        Seagrave Fire Apparatus,LLC is using a tower ladder platform built by ( RK Aerials ) Know !

Comment

Marauder II

The Marauder II is only offered in Stainless. The Marauder was never constructed of aluminum. The only aluminum cab is the Attacker. The Concord was discontinued. It is true about Seagrave using RK for the Midmount and the rear mount platform. This was a quick fix by the Hebe days to get the product on the road. I have heard mixed feelings on this since Seagrave still builds their own aerial ladders. I think they will soon design and build their own platforms in the near future. The appollo was a huge truck and during some tough times at the factory, a couple of Appollos were delivered that yielded many problems, especially with the electrical system. I have heard good and bad on the rig, however I haven't heard any negatives about the RK's. We'll see.

Comment

To: 1truckie

Originally posted by 1truckie View Post
            The Marauder II is only offered in Stainless. The Marauder was never constructed of aluminum. The only aluminum cab is the Attacker. The Concord was discontinued. It is true about Seagrave using RK for the Midmount and the rear mount platform. This was a quick fix by the Hebe days to get the product on the road. I have heard mixed feelings on this since Seagrave still builds their own aerial ladders. I think they will soon design and build their own platforms in the near future. The appollo was a huge truck and during some tough times at the factory, a couple of Appollos were delivered that yielded many problems, especially with the electrical system. I have heard good and bad on the rig, however I haven't heard any negatives about the RK's. We'll see.
            Is Seagrave Fire Apparatus still building the ( Commander II Chassis Fixed Cab ) mainly for the FDNY, and also is the aluminum cab Attacker chassis available on the Aerialscope & rearmounts ?

Comment

Seagrave chassis

The Commander II is available for all applications as far as I know. FDNY is going away from the fixed cab. They opened the spec to the Split-Tilt design to allow servicing in the FH. The Attacker is available on the aerials. The Aerialscope is a good question. This may be a good thing in regards to weight reduction and maybe some cost. I'll see if my contacts can answer this.

Comment

The Commander II is available for all applications as far as I know. FDNY is going away from the fixed cab. They opened the spec to the Split-Tilt design to allow servicing in the FH. The Attacker is available on the aerials. The Aerialscope is a good question. This may be a good thing in regards to weight reduction and maybe some cost. I'll see if my contacts can answer this.
                I think that the biggest motor available on the Attacker chassis is a " Cat -or- Cummins " 425 HP with a 3000 Evs trans, may not be suitable for a 75' Aerialscope ?

Comment

Attacker Chassis

I believe since the Attacker is now the only aluminum chassis, the larger engines will be available. You are right about horses. You need minimum 500 hp because of the weight of the Scope.

Comment

I believe since the Attacker is now the only aluminum chassis, the larger engines will be available. You are right about horses. You need minimum 500 hp because of the weight of the Scope.
                    I have seen on a few Seagrave dealer web sites that the Aerialscope will only be available on the stainless steel Maurader II chassis ?

Comment

Seagrave Attacker

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                      I have seen on a few Seagrave dealer web sites that the Aerialscope will only be available on the stainless steel Maurader II chassis ?
                      I was doing a lot of research on the stainless steel claim for another thread and read up on the Seagrave products. The Attacker is the only aluminum choice and, as mentioned, it is only available up to 425HP in CAT or Cummins.

I think that Seagrave will have to do something about the lack of a big motor or they will be missing out on a lot of order opportunities.

Comment

Seagrave Marauder II

The Marauder II is there bread & butter chassis, most of there apparatus sales are on the Marauder II with the stainless steel cab & chassis. The Aluminum Attacker chassis sales are not that great because it is built and sold as a lower priced apparatus for departments on a limited budget and has the smaller motor and 3000 EVS trans !...

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                          The Marauder II is there bread & butter chassis, most of there apparatus sales are on the Marauder II with the stainless steel cab & chassis. The Aluminum Attacker chassis sales are not that great because it is built and sold as a lower priced apparatus for departments on a limited budget and has the smaller motor and 3000 EVS trans !...
                          You are right and I have to agree. Slow sales for Aluminum due to the market Seagrave does not appear to pursue.
                          Last edited by danweb; 11-07-2007, 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by danweb View Post
                            You are right and I have to agree. Slow sales for Aluminum due to the market Seagrave does not to pursue.
                            I had a close look at the Seagrave Marauder II demo pumper in Wildwood, N.J. this past Sept, if you are looking for a rock solid chassis cab check out the stainless steel Marauder II !....

Comment

RK and Seagrave

I was told by a reliable source that Seagrave is no longer using RK aerials.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X