Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Interface Pumpers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This is what we use, Isuzu cab/chassis, 4x4, Waterous pump, 500 GPM.

    Not to bad, does the job, puts the wet stuff on the hot stuff, has a good burnover protection.

    Feel free to ask questions.

    (photo courtesy of Ozfire)
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BlitzfireSolo View Post
      npfd, PLEASE do not sell any of these:

      http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/Cla...ORT_PUMPER.pdf
      Wow. For the longest time we have had fire trucks that do a little bit of EMS. Now we have ambulances that do a little firefighting! I'd seen "transport" engines before, but none were ambulances in fire trucks' clothing. What's this got, a 10 gallon water tank?

      I am still trying to think why this would be a good idea. No luck yet, must require an operational reality I have not yet seen. After they get the water back on it and attach a 75' midmount stick, what do you call it? You know what comes after Quad and Quint, right? HEX!! Or "sextet". Check out the new Rosenbauer Sextet! J/K
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ElectricHoser; 02-19-2007, 07:10 AM.
      You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
      IACOJ Power Company Liason
      When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
      and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

      Comment


      • #18
        FireDawg803...

        Well let me throw in an ad for the company I rep for since my good friend npfd801 has Rosenbauer covered for you. Since he is a good guy if you don't buy my product I suggest you buy his.

        HME Ahrens Fox has an apparatus called the RAT. It is available in 2 or 4 wheel drive in either commercial or custom cab and can be equipped with up to a 1250 pump for pump and roll or a standard midship pump up to 1750 depending on chassis. Class A foam systems are available as well as CAFs. This rig can carry 500 gallons of water and a standard hoseload. As well as through the tank ladders and full depth compartments both sides.

        All of that in a rig that isn't much bigger than the standard mini pumper.

        Let me know if you want more info. And just like npfd801 if you are not in my area I can't sell it to you but I would be happy to send info and point you towards our guy in your area.

        Good luck,

        FyredUp
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ElectricHoser View Post
          Wow. For the longest time we have had fire trucks that do a little bit of EMS. Now we have ambulances that do a little firefighting! I'd seen "transport" engines before, but none were ambulances in fire trucks' clothing. What's this got, a 10 gallon water tank?
          By looking at the drawing, it looks like it has 500 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam.

          Comment


          • #20
            huh?

            Originally posted by KAPNKRNCH View Post
            This is a Pierce, really nice apparatus, but they dont come cheap....
            What's so nice about it? It looks kinda bland, and I don't see anything too out of the ordinary or special? Why ain't it cheap? Is that a front mount pump on it? I thought builders didn't make those anymore??? I can't read the name on the door, but it must be going to a warm climate - I can't imagine the front pump would be too favourable in cold climates.

            Comment


            • #21
              Bland? Are we talking about fire apparatus that get utilized or parade pieces?

              When I wrote nice apparatus, I was talking about pierce in general, not just about this rig.

              1250 gpm front mount pump,750 gallon tank, 5 person cab with 4 scba seats, 15 kw Harrison generator, set up as rural water supply and for pump and roll capacity for brush fires.

              Like I said, we spec apparatus to get the job done, not to win trophies in a parade.
              Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 02-20-2007, 06:40 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by toddmcbr View Post
                By looking at the drawing, it looks like it has 500 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam.
                Last night I realized that I probably should have looked at the drawing closer.... but with my comments out there I had to be ready to take my lumps for opening my mouth.

                I hope I didn't come off too hard on Rosenbauer. I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance and has too little storage to be an effective attack pumper, but clearly there is a niche or it wouldn't be proposed or built. I'd like to see one in person sometime.

                Sorry for the threadjack.
                You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
                IACOJ Power Company Liason
                When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
                and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ElectricHoser View Post
                  Last night I realized that I probably should have looked at the drawing closer.... but with my comments out there I had to be ready to take my lumps for opening my mouth.

                  I hope I didn't come off too hard on Rosenbauer. I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance and has too little storage to be an effective attack pumper, but clearly there is a niche or it wouldn't be proposed or built. I'd like to see one in person sometime.

                  Sorry for the threadjack.
                  Everyone hijacks these things...who cares. And I don't think you came off as hard on anyone - everyone has opinions, and the guys that jump on your case for having one looks worse than the folks that just sit back and relax and let people say what they want...

                  Speaking of that - I'm in Vegas for the Spartan dealer meeting, and I swear - the rumors here are endless. Obviously everyone likes to see what Spartan is doing for the next year, which looks to be some good things, but I won't put it here. I need to make sure that it's okay to talk about it first. But the true fun is sitting talking to other salesmen from other regions, and to hear about what builder is failing, who is wanting to sell their apparatus division to whom, is nuts. MY GOD.

                  I'll believe it when I see it....
                  "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ElectricHoser View Post
                    I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance
                    You wanna see a big ambulance?????




                    But yeah, I think I agree that there is practically no compartment space on that thing.
                    ------------------------------------
                    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                    ------------------------------------

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      short

                      Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                      You wanna see a big ambulance?????




                      But yeah, I think I agree that there is practically no compartment space on that thing.
                      Geez, thats a short BBC on that chassis...I know I sound ignorant, but who's chassis is that?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        HME built the chassis. Without looking at their brochures, I would guess an SFO...
                        "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by npfd801 View Post
                          HME built the chassis. Without looking at their brochures, I would guess an SFO...
                          Nice job my friend. It is indeed an SFO to be specific it is an 1871-SFO MFD/12.

                          For those who question their choice please consider the following:

                          Actually for those who say this is a big ambulance that cab is only 110 inches long and then add what looks like a 12 inch bumper you have a total cab size of only 122 inches OR 10 feet 2 inches.

                          The Freightliner 2 door conventional is 106, or 118 with the extended bumper, and the 2 door International is 107, or 119 with the extended bumper for cab length. If you went with the 4 door versions it would be The four door Freightliner is 153, or 165 with the extended bupmer, and the 4 door International is 149 or 161 with the exxtended bumper.

                          So is it a big cab OR is it a better cab for THEIR needs? The answer is clear to me.

                          Fyredup
                          Last edited by FyredUp; 02-22-2007, 10:24 AM. Reason: correct hellacious math error and clear up some fuzzy text
                          Crazy, but that's how it goes
                          Millions of people living as foes
                          Maybe it's not too late
                          To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                            Nice job my friend. It is indeed an SFO to be specific it is an 1871-SFO MFD/12.

                            For those who question their choice please consider the following:

                            Actually for those who say this is a big ambulance that cab is only 110 inches long and then add what looks like a 12 inch bumper you have a total cab size of only 122 inches OR 10 feet 2 inches.

                            The Freightliner 2 door conventional is 106, or 118 with the extended bumper, and the 2 door International is 107, or 119 with the extended bumper for cab length. If you went with the 4 door versions it would be The four door Freightliner is 153, or 165 with the extended bupmer, and the 4 door International is 149 or 161 with the exxtended bumper.

                            So is it a big cab OR is it a better cab for THEIR needs? The answer is clear to me.

                            Fyredup
                            I don't question their motives for this apparatus I was just stating that it looks like a huge ambulance. Do you know why they decided to go with the custom 4-dr chassis?
                            ------------------------------------
                            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                            ------------------------------------

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                              I don't question their motives for this apparatus I was just stating that it looks like a huge ambulance. Do you know why they decided to go with the custom 4-dr chassis?
                              I am teaching a class there tomorrow morning I will see if i can get a chance to talk with the Chief and find out his exact reasons.

                              FyredUp
                              Crazy, but that's how it goes
                              Millions of people living as foes
                              Maybe it's not too late
                              To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                                So is it a big cab OR is it a better cab for THEIR needs? The answer is clear to me.
                                Fyredup

                                Do you know if that serves as there rescue company, but has the benefit of transport capabilities. Or is it just a big old ambulance.

                                I know Cambridge MA operates a similar unit as there 3 person rescue company and I believe it only transports FD members or no other ambulance is needed.
                                Here is there rig:

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X