Urban Interface Pumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Interface Pumpers

I know all about using the search to find past posts on this topic, but that wouldn't really help me with a NEW apparatus.......would it???

My department is currently trying to spec out a Urban Interface Pumper. We want all of the bang we can get for the fewest bucks, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturers who are on the cutting edge designing this type of apparatus? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Originally posted by firedawg803 View Post
    I know all about using the search to find past posts on this topic, but that wouldn't really help me with a NEW apparatus.......would it???

My department is currently trying to spec out a Urban Interface Pumper. We want all of the bang we can get for the fewest bucks, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturers who are on the cutting edge designing this type of apparatus? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.
    Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper! Also Kme Fire Apparatus has two GMC 4x4 mini pumper demo's for sale built on a 2 door & 4 door GMC 5500 chassis.
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-15-2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
      Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper! Also Kme Fire Apparatus has two GMC 4x4 mini pumper demo's for sale built on a 2 door & 4 door GMC 5500 chassis.
      If you need bang for the buck, Rosenbauer is a good choice. They recently sold about 250 rigs to the park service.
      I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

I have to agree with the others. I would definately look into the Rosenbauer Timberwolf. They usually put them on an International 4 door chassis. Is what sets the Timberwolf apart from others is the Rosenbauer normal/high pressure pump which gives pump and roll capabilities in forward/neutral/reverse. They also have their own mechanical foam system which works real well with the pump.

Don't take my word for it, call your local rep and see if they can set a demo up for you. I think you will be just as impressed as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
          Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper!
          Yes, I like the fact that Rosenbauer has made a full-blown interface rig standard with a (1,000gpm) rear-mount pump.

Comment

DISCLAIMER - I sell Rosenbauer now, so take that how you will.

Like FyredUp, my department purchased some rigs from the company I now sell for prior to my being employed by them.

We have an U/WI rig that Rosenbauer built for us. We're very pleased with it, and I would be happy to send you specs and a drawing. I can't sell to you in New Mexico - so that's all it would be is some info. Send me a PM if you're interested. There are some things that I think Rosenbauer can do to set themselves apart for the competition on such a rig, but let's let your local Rosenbauer representation sell you the truck.

Hope I didn't stick my neck out here too much, if someone has a problem, let me know and I'll edit my post.

Also like Bltizfire said, we have a 1,000 gpm pump, and you can now go to 1,250 and still be pump and roll depending on how you option the rig.
            "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

But...oh no!

npfd, PLEASE do not sell any of these:

http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/Cla...ORT_PUMPER.pdf

And please tell Rosenbauer that they need to discontinue plans for their production NOW!

Ok....back to the Timberwolf....a nice rig....

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzfireSolo View Post
                npfd, PLEASE do not sell any of these:

http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/Cla...ORT_PUMPER.pdf

And please tell Rosenbauer that they need to discontinue plans for their production NOW!
                OMG!!! A transport pumper? How many hospital E.D. overhangs will need to be replaced after being run into with that thing?
                I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

I'm a facilitator (isn't that what drug dealers say too?) I don't even try to pretend to know what some departments need for an apparatus that will fit their specific operations will be, until I sit and meet with them and understand that department's "way of life." But I actually had a customer look at the concept somewhat seriously, and if they found a need for it - who am I to tell them they're wrong? It gets tricky for us sales drones...

I don't know all the details, but I know of at least one other builder that has also proposed a similar concept, because there was at least one department seriously interested in the idea. I'm not talking about the already completed units by Seagrave, E-One etc. either...
                  "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Here is what we run.....

I tried to attach the pics here, not sure exactly how to do that though.... I've tried everything I can see..... A lil' bit of help would be greatly appreciated.
                    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Is it saying the file size is too large?

Comment

I figured it out.... it was my pop-up blocker........

The first two are from my Paid-Call Department and the last one is from No. California...... I think it's the best, personally...... only a lil' more heigth would be nice.
                        Last edited by mikeyboy; 03-17-2011, 11:39 PM.
                        "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
                          [ATTACH]11283[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11285[/ATTACH]

I figured it out.... it was my pop-up blocker........

The first two are from my Paid-Call Department and the last one is from No. California...... I think it's the best, personally...... only a lil' more heigth would be nice.
                          Is the first photo a IH/KME apparatus ?

Comment

This is a Pierce, really nice apparatus, but they dont come cheap....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mikeboy

What did that first rig cost?

Looks like a good setup.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse