Any new E-ones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new E-ones??

Anybody have any new E-ones recently delivered or on order? How is quality and the building process in general with them. How about stainless since they moved from NY to Fla.? Please no "Pierce is better" or KME jokes, etc Thanks.

E-Wont never existed in New York. Saulsbury Fire Apparatus, an exclusive, high-quality stainless builder did however. E-Wont bought out Saulsbury in a moment of Sualsbury's weakness. E-Wont immediately moved the plant down south, which is where the quailty of their stainless steel went- DOWN, or SOUTH.

Just ask Bel Air, Maryland about their "Saulsbury" Rescue!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FD1976 View Post
      Anybody have any new E-ones recently delivered or on order? How is quality and the building process in general with them. How about stainless since they moved from NY to Fla.? Please no "Pierce is better" or KME jokes, etc Thanks.

In my area, the Cleveland Hts, Brooklyn, North Ridgeville and Solon Ohio FD's all took deliveries in 2006. From what I have heard, they are satisfied. All of them are E-One repeat customers.
      I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

We are waiting on delivery of 1 Rescue-Pumper and 2 2500 gal tankers. Should happen in the next three weeks??? This will bring our total to over 40 E-one trucks in our fleet. The trucks range from 85' to 2006'. Overall very happy(buy at least 3 every year), but have a had few(2) lemons in the past 4 years.

Comment

5 years

E-Wont never existed in New York. Saulsbury Fire Apparatus, an exclusive, high-quality stainless builder did however. E-Wont bought out Saulsbury in a moment of Sualsbury's weakness. E-Wont immediately moved the plant down south, which is where the quailty of their stainless steel went- DOWN, or SOUTH.

Fed Sig bought Saulsbury in 1998 and announced closure of the New York operations in 2004. That is IMMEDIATELY in your book????

Comment

Gila, thanks. I was going to post the same thing. Does anyone have a S/S unit from Florida?? They announced the move in '04, but I think production actually started deliveries in '05 or even early '06. Some of the NY employees moved there.
            Last edited by FD1976; 02-15-2007, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gilamonster View Post

Fed Sig bought Saulsbury in 1998 and announced closure of the New York operations in 2004. That is IMMEDIATELY in your book????
              While the move may not have been immediate, the downturn in quality was. Example being all 5 FDNY rescues. I do not claim to have inside knowledge over this--I just say what I have heard. Feel free to correct if the opinion is different.

Comment

Originally posted by skipatrol8 View Post
                While the move may not have been immediate, the downturn in quality was. Example being all 5 FDNY rescues. I do not claim to have inside knowledge over this--I just say what I have heard. Feel free to correct if the opinion is different.
                To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack.
                Last edited by firepiper1; 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM.
                I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Cromwell,Ct just got a E-one bronto
                  Attached Files

Comment

Woodbridge Twp Fire

The Avenel fire district # 5 took delivery of a 2006 E-One top mount rescue pumper.[url]www.E-One.com
                    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-15-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Cromwell's truck looks similar to the new Rosenbauer Articulating Platform.
                      METZ AERIALS: "SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN USE THEM"

Comment

Quote-""To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack"".

That's because they don't make Macks anymore. Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.

Comment

Quote-""To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack"".

Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.
                          Yes it would. Too bad they were in business before poly tanks and aluminum/stainless bodies were popular. Our '71 CF Aerialscope is still in service somewhere in New York State.

Comment

Our new rescue company. 2006 E-One 1500/750

Comment

That's because they don't make Macks anymore. Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.
                              Technically they do build macks today..KME baught the rights to Macks fire apparatus line in 1983 I think but they do own them.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X