Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 New FDNY Rigs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 New FDNY Rigs

    Ferrara Fire Apparatus has delivered three new Mack MR688P chassis cab rigs to the FDNYwith walk around rescue bodys, onan 25 K generators. And two more trucks are under contract with the "NYPD" for emergency service rescue units.I do not have any information on the FDNY company numbers or fire houses that will get the new rigs!
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-08-2007, 07:42 PM.

  • #2
    Here is a link under rescues...


    http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus...ies/index.html

    Also shown on that page under rescues in a new HAZMAT 1 truck and what looks to be a Decon Truck.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe H-2980 is Rebreather Unit 1, out of SOC, but don't quote me on that.
      "If you put the fire out right in the first place, you won't have to jump out the window."
      Andy Fredericks,
      FDNY E.48, SQ.18
      Alexandria, VA F.D.

      Rest in Peace

      Comment


      • #4
        You better not let the Pierce guys see this.

        Comment


        • #5
          They already have.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ferrara also made Hartford's Tac1! That is one sweet rig!

            Comment


            • #7
              collapse trucks

              those arent new...those are pics of the Collapse rescue trucks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Taz288 View Post
                those arent new...those are pics of the Collapse rescue trucks
                They are not model year 2007 trucks, they where delivered in 2006 ! The New York City police Department rescue's will be 2007's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mr169b View Post
                  You better not let the Pierce guys see this.
                  I don't see why not, they got to build there 1 Rescue rig to try to get there foot in the door over at the FDNY ! So far it's not working .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What is the difference between a Ferrara Invader 2 chassis cab & a Ferrara Intruder 2 chassis cab ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I believe the Intruder is an HME cab built to their specs, the Invader a Spartan...
                      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
                        I don't see why not, they got to build there 1 Rescue rig to try to get there foot in the door over at the FDNY ! So far it's not working .
                        What makes you so sure Pierce wants to get their foot in the FDNY door? Just because they built ONE rescue truck for them under GSA contract? The FDNY contract is not as glamorous as you might think from a manufacturer/dealer perspective. Pierce already sells plenty of rigs without needing the "prestige" of being able to claim they supply FDNY.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chauffer6 View Post
                          What makes you so sure Pierce wants to get their foot in the FDNY door? Just because they built ONE rescue truck for them under GSA contract? The FDNY contract is not as glamorous as you might think from a manufacturer/dealer perspective. Pierce already sells plenty of rigs without needing the "prestige" of being able to claim they supply FDNY.
                          You have a good point there,but Seagrave Fire Apparatus depends on the FDNY contract for 50 trucks a year. It is a good size apparatus contract for them, maybe FDNY will award the other rescues to Pierce under the GSA contract ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Money.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kyle77 View Post
                              Money.....
                              That was a weird bump....

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X