Bumper Mounted Turrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Mounted Turrets

Just wondering if any department out there have a bush truck with a bumper mounted turret or nozzle of some sorts controlled with a joy stick by the driver? Does it work pretty good? Do you like it? Is it fairly effective?

Thanks,

Mike

One of our neighbors has a remote nozzle on the front of their brush truck. Not sure how effective it is in a fire, but it works great for hosing the little buggers who bring the supersoakers to parades, and very good at nailing the chief.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Comment

This is from Hiller, PA.....It is not my department, but I have heard they are happy with it for pump and roll operations.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by firepiper1; 01-05-2007, 10:49 PM.
      I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

They work awsome.

The only way to pump and roll wildfire.

Safer and more effective then other methods.
        -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
        -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Comment

Have watch a demo

We tried one out at the Central State Plant (Rosenbaugher) up at Lyons, SD. The Lyons, SD volunteer fire department has a interface pumper on a IH 4 door 4X4 chassis with a Rosenbaugher rear mount dual pressure PTO pump. The pump delivers 100 gpm @ 600 psi simultaneously with 1000 gpm at 150 psi. You can be driving down the road (or pasture) - press a button to open the pump to tank valve, press another button to engage live pto to engage pump - then shoot away with the front mount gun.

Worked slick!

Unfortanately - in our area most departments still have front platforms which put a remote nozzle (fireman) on.

Comment

http://www.akronbrass.com/pages/akro...s/firefox.html

Comment

One in action

Here are some photos of a bumper turret in action at a demo of a Rapid Attack Truck up here in NH last fall. The controls for this gun were wireless. THere was a small control box that you could use from the cab or standing beside the truck. This was a nice little set up. Also used it one hot Sunday as a sprinkler for my kids..... now that was fun. Soaked them from 100 feet away.
              Last edited by tomwnh; 08-27-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

A neighboring dept. from us has nozzles mounted on all four corners of their brush truck. They are positioned to spray to the front/back and side of the truck. The valves are located on the driver's side of the truck between the seat and door. They are 1" brass nozzles supplied by 1" hose and mounted to the frame rails. Have only seen it work once. It was pretty effective.

Comment

Roof mounted 350 Toranado RC
                  Attached Files
                  METZ AERIALS: "SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN USE THEM"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader