Happy Birthday American LaFrance, LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday American LaFrance, LLC

American LaFrance, LLC is 1 year old today. To those who thought ALF was done for, sorry! To those who believed in ALF, Thank You!

See you same time next year with a New manufacturing facility, new systems, and new Corp Headquarters in operation.

Everyone please have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

New American Lafrance Aerial

The Woodbridge, N.J. Fire Department just took delivery of a new ALF/LTI 110' aerial ladder with a 2000 gpm pump.This truck replaces a 12 year old Seagrave RA110 that was damaged last year at a fire scene in Fords, N.J. when the buildings facade fell onto the turn table and caused $ 40,000 in repairs. " Happy Birthday ALF " !....
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 07-20-2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

American LaFrance, you all are as famous, if not more famous, than the Famous FDNY Trademark.

HAPPY B-DAY!

Mike

Comment

Happy Birthday Alf

I Sure Hope They Stay Around For Another Year, Just Signed Papers On A Pumper-tanker.
        YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

Happy Birthday....on that day I was in SC getting our rig. Met the new owners and they talked with us about our rig and what we thought about ALF.
          We love our 2005 Metro.
          Forrest Gregg
          Chief
          Holtville/Slapout
          Fire & Rescue Inc.
          District 10 Director
          AAVFD
          IAFC
          www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org

Comment

Man HSFDChief600, that is one ugly truck!! HAHAHA Just kidding! Had to pick while i had the chance! I saw your AC today.

Happy B'Day ALF LLC!
            Last edited by jdlowndes; 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Dont make me come to Lowndes Cty....
              Forrest Gregg
              Chief
              Holtville/Slapout
              Fire & Rescue Inc.
              District 10 Director
              AAVFD
              IAFC
              www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org

Comment

Happy Birthday ALF. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and saw the new facility being built and met the president of the company. I was very impressed. ALF is positioning theirselves to be the pre-dominant fire truck manufacturer again in th USA.

Comment

I thought American LaFrance has been in business for over 100 years?? That's what they say in their specifications and ads as a strength of their company. So which is it, 100+ or 1????

Still can't compare a TRUE older ALf against the "new" ones - not even close

Comment

The American LaFrance Fire Engine Company was officially formed in 1903. The company died when the Elmira, New York facility shut down. Just because some investors buy the name, it doesnt necessarily mean that they have bought the tradition. Isn't that right Mr. Figgie?
                    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Comment

Down with all of em'

Originally posted by firepiper1 View Post
                      The American LaFrance Fire Engine Company was officially formed in 1903. The company died when the Elmira, New York facility shut down. Just because some investors buy the name, it doesnt necessarily mean that they have bought the tradition. Isn't that right Mr. Figgie?
                      The company was officially re-born when Patriarch took over, and released them from the grip of Freightliner.
                      Stand back and watch as they revolutionize the fire apparatus industry. Down with Pierce, down with E-One, down with all the rest - American LaFrance is back with both guns blazin! YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA - oh yeah - down with Rosenbauer too (although they will do that to themselves).

Comment

It will be a cold day in hell when any new ALF product comes close to the class and style of a Century Series.

Well .. that's actually true of all the manufacter's today.

RIP Maxim, Mack, Hahn and Pirsh.
                        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

?

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                          It will be a cold day in hell when any new ALF product comes close to the class and style of a Century Series.

Well .. that's actually true of all the manufacter's today.

RIP Maxim, Mack, Hahn and Pirsh.
                          Class and Style?

I'll put an Eagle Cab up against any cab out there when it comes to pure looks! No matter how much you dress up a Spartan / Pierce / E-One - they still look like big square boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by canuck1 View Post
                            Class and Style?

I'll put an Eagle Cab up against any cab out there when it comes to pure looks! No matter how much you dress up a Spartan / Pierce / E-One - they still look like big square boxes.
                            He is right, the Eagle cab has style!..
                            Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 05-08-2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Old school here boys ...

Ya can't compare the "boxes" of today with the lines of an old 60's 500 Series open cab, or a beautiful early 70's Ladder Chief or a 700 Series pumper.
                              You could tell a LaFrance from anything else a mile away. You could hear the distinctive sound of a LaFrance. Sorry, that classic painting "The New LaFrance is here" (I think it's a Rockwell) just wouldn't be the same with one of those new fangled LaFrance boxes sitting in that small town fire station.

I am not saying that the new LaFrances are not capable fire apparatus. But lok at the trucks from yesterday and look at the trucks from today, and tell me which ones have charecter. Anyone who knew thier beans in the old days could tell if a truck was a LaFrance or Seagrave or Pirsh or Maxim or Hahn a mile away. They each had thier own charecter that made them very unique. You just don't see that with todays trucks. The charecter is missing.

Just one old firefighters opinion.
                              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...